Miscellaneous Trump (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Huntn

Misty Mountains Envoy
    Reaction score

Anxiety surges as Donald Trump may be indicted soon: Why 2024 is 'the final battle' and 'the big one'​

WASHINGTON – It looks like American politics is entering a new age of anxiety, triggered by an unprecedented legal development: The potential indictment of a former president and current presidential candidate.

Donald Trump's many legal problems – and calls for protests by his followers – have generated new fears of political violence and anxiety about the unknowable impact all this will have on the already-tense 2024 presidential election

I’ll reframe this is a more accurate way, Are Presidents above the law? This new age was spurred into existence when home grown dummies elected a corrupt, mentally ill, anti-democratic, would be dictator as President and don’t bother to hold him responsible for his crimes, don’t want to because in the ensuing mayhem and destruction, they think they will be better off. The man is actually advocating violence (not the first time). And btw, screw democracy too. If this feeling spreads, we are In deep shirt.

This goes beyond one treasonous Peice of work and out to all his minions. This is on you or should we be sympathetic to the idea of they can’t help being selfish suckers to the Nation’s detriment? Donald Trump is the single largest individual threat to our democracy and it‘s all going to boil down to will the majority of the GOP return to his embrace and start slinging his excrement to support him?

CPLR 2502 is clear.... "surety shall be: 1. an insurance company authorized to execute the undertaking within the state,..."

Here is a list of "authorized insurers" for New York.

Knight Specialty Insurance is not listed.

imagine that. Trump and everyone that operates within his universe, do so skirting laws like its preordained for them to do. Id argue that many have been doing so for decades and were able to somehow get away with it. What they are now finding out is when the stakes are really high, these "low level tactics" simply dont work.

This morning in the midst of his criminal jury selection Trump had time to post a rant about the Oscars where he confused Jimmy Kimmel with Al Pacino.

Yeah I agree. I don’t think it seems real to him yet. Hence the sleeping and the crazy Oscar post. But did he write that earlier and was it then autoposted? Because I don’t think he can have his phone at the defendant’s table, can he?

I wonder how he dealt with hearing the jokes and memes about him read into the record by the judge? Did he just black out and not really hear them?

Donald Trump is no stranger to toadying praise from his admirers but even he might have been surprised by his former White House adviser Stephen Miller washing up on Fox News on Tuesday evening to declare his former boss not only “the most stylish president” in recent US history, but also an icon who had “changed American fashion”.

Apparently triggered by a New York Timesarticle praising President Joe Biden as “dapper”, Mr Miller declared: “Can I just say, since we’re addressing the subject of style, the most stylish president and first lady in our lifetimes are Donald Trump and Melania Trump.

“Donald Trump is a style icon. He changed American fashion in The Apprentice. People spent the next 10 years trying to dress like Donald Trump.”

Few would dispute that the ex-first lady, a former model by profession, has an eye for (extremely expensive) clothes but her husband is a rather different proposition.…..

This is also why the white nationalists never get too upset when Trump on the rare occasion rebukes them (very mildly at that)

I remember more than a couple interviewed not long after Trump 'clarified' his 'very fine people on both sides' statement (which was recently posted again in the racist thread) and they said something along the lines of "we know what he really means and what he really feels but also understand why he has to speak out against us sometimes"

Article used a term that I can remember but it was similar to "red meat for the base' something like (keeping with the dogs analogy) 'throwing a ball to distract/placate your detractors"
    ===========================================================================================================

A former White House official and prominent fundamentalist Christian said Donald Trump is “cloaking” his actual, “radical” beliefs on the campaign trail, and that a second Trump administration would see him “govern in a more conservative and more aggressive fashion.”

William Wolfe ― a self-described “Christian nationalist” who served under Trump as a deputy assistant secretary of defense at the Pentagon and as director of legislative affairs at the State Department ― made the remarks Thursday during a conversation on X Spaces, a live audio chat room on the platform formerly known as Twitter. Wolfe was among half a dozen panelists convened by editors at The Sentinel, a far-right digital media outlet, to discuss Trump’s stance on abortion.

The panelists were concerned that Trump had publicly criticized the Arizona Supreme Court’s decision to uphold an 1864 law banning nearly all abortions in the state. They were also perturbed about Trump’s claim that he would not support a federal abortion ban, Right Wing Watch first reported.

But Wolfe argued that Trump — whose selections for the U.S. Supreme Court led to the 2022 overturning of Roe v. Wade, which had protected abortion rights in America — is hiding his actual position on many issues, including abortion.

“I actually think there’s wisdom in cloaking some of your power levels and maybe some of the things that you’re trying to do, and then once you secure power, and you have it, you govern in a more extreme position,” Wolfe said. “I think Trump is one of the first Republican candidates I’ve ever seen in my lifetime who has done that.”

“Power levels,” a popular term in online far-right and white supremacist circles, refers to the degree of a person’s extremism or radicalization. It’s most often used when discussing the need to “hide your power levels” while infiltrating mainstream conservative and Republican organizations............

Conventional political wisdom regarding Donald Trump states that the people who voted for him in 2016 and 2020 aren’t likely to go for any Democrat this time around — especially not Joe Biden.

But a prominent group of anti-Trump Republicans believes those two-time Trump voters are best positioned to convince others in the GOP to vote to re-elect Biden. And they’re ready to spend big to do so.

Earlier this month, a group called Republican Voters Against Trump rolled out what they are describing as a $50 million multi-platform advertising campaign. That campaign is designed both to troll the twice-impeached, four times-indicted ex-president and to genuinely reach out to his most loyal supporters..........

Such a bold declaration from a former Trump supporter is often met with skepticism from both sides of the American political spectrum.

The Independent showed the 30-second spot with “Chuck” to a former Democratic activist who volunteered on Hillary Clinton’s doomed 2016 campaign. The ex-activist — who asked not to be identified by name because they no longer work in politics — responded with an animated GIF of the Peanuts character Charlie Brown attempting to kick a football held by his sister Lucy, only to have her pull it away at the last minute. Asked to explain the response, the former Democratic diehard replied that they’d seen all this before: Republicans vowing never to pull a lever for Trump, only to revert to type when in the privacy of the voting booth.

The ex-activist also pointed to post-2016 surveys showing that many poll respondents who expressed support for Clinton did so because it was a socially desirable response when they actually intended to vote for Trump.

A person close to Trump’s campaign also expressed derision at the advertisement, calling it “astroturfed BS from fake Republicans”.

But according to the people behind the RVAT campaign, the testimonials aren’t fake, and everyone involved is as Republican as Abraham Lincoln.

The group is the brainchild of ex-Republican stalwart Sarah Longwell, former head of the LGBT+ Republican group known as the Log Cabin Republicans.

Longwell, a longtime GOP consultant who is known for her branding expertise and focus group work, is at the center of a sprawling universe of “Never Trump” conservatives. In addition to her work with RVAT, she’s involved with Defending Democracy Together — an anti-Trump and pro-democracy umbrella group run by former Weekly Standard founder Bill Kristol — and she’s publisher of the “Never Trump” movement’s unofficial bible, The Bulwark.

But it was her work with RVAT that many experts credit with making the biggest difference in the 2020 election cycle.

According to a study by the Democratic Super PAC Priorities USA, flashy ads from other anti-Trump groups such as the Lincoln Project didn’t end up moving the needle with Republican voters. But RVAT found that their own specific brand of advertising — personal testimonials — was most effective in giving former Trump supporters a way out by making it acceptable for them to even consider pulling the lever for a Democrat.

Gunner Ramer, the group’s current political director, told The Independent in a phone interview that RVAT is going into 2024 with a similar strategy to four years ago.

“What we have found is most persuasive with the center-right voter — who probably has an unfavorable opinion of Donald Trump and Joe Biden — is that hearing from like-minded messengers and seeing them and hearing from them is what gives them the necessary permission structure to say: ‘You know what, I may have voted for McCain and Romney and maybe even Trump in the past, but I can’t get behind this version of Donald Trump,’’” he said.............

This is also why the white nationalists never get too upset when Trump on the rare occasion rebukes them (very mildly at that)

I remember more than a couple interviewed not long after Trump 'clarified' his 'very fine people on both sides' statement (which was recently posted again in the racist thread) and they said something along the lines of "we know what he really means and what he really feels but also understand why he has to speak out against us sometimes"

Article used a term that I can remember but it was similar to "red meat for the base' something like (keeping with the dogs analogy) 'throwing a ball to distract/placate your detractors"
    I'm hoping that as the election draws closer there's a campaign blitz quoting all of those guys explaining that Trump is just pretending to not be on the side of christian white nationalists. There's plenty of video clips that could cut together as well.

"...responded with an animated GIF of the Peanuts character Charlie Brown attempting to kick a football held by his sister Lucy..."
    Seriously? Charlie Brown's sister? That anonymous ex-activist sure doesn't have attention for details.

I'm hoping that as the election draws closer there's a campaign blitz quoting all of those guys explaining that Trump is just pretending to not be on the side of christian white nationalists. There's plenty of video clips that could cut together as well.

Seriously? Charlie Brown's sister? That anonymous ex-activist sure doesn't have attention for details.
    Good catch on Lucy, I missed that

I was thinking about the article again last night (I’m pretty sure I saw it posted in the Charlottesville thread on PDB)

So Trump comes out and says “White nationalists are bad” (again very weakly, unconvincingly and sounding for all the world like a kid being forced to apologize by his Mom) but he said the words

You’re a white nationalist. You know and understand what Trump is doing, why he’s doing it and how he really feels.

Why would you be interviewed and say “that statement was total bullshirt. He didn’t mean it, we know he didn’t mean it, we know he’s with us”

Why not just be content knowing it was a PR forced BS statement?

Why spill the beans to an interviewer?

(Although spill the beans is a bit much. We’ve always remarked here and on PDB how easy it is to tell when Trump is saying something he doesn’t believe - he looks and sounds so dejected, that mother unit forced apology is a good description “say you’re sorry or you will be sorry!!”

Last edited:
    He also had to cancel his outdoor NC rally tonight due to weather. So I would imagine his posts will be extra crazy tonight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom