Miscellaneous Trump (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Huntn

Misty Mountains Envoy
    Reaction score

Anxiety surges as Donald Trump may be indicted soon: Why 2024 is 'the final battle' and 'the big one'​

WASHINGTON – It looks like American politics is entering a new age of anxiety, triggered by an unprecedented legal development: The potential indictment of a former president and current presidential candidate.

Donald Trump's many legal problems – and calls for protests by his followers – have generated new fears of political violence and anxiety about the unknowable impact all this will have on the already-tense 2024 presidential election

I’ll reframe this is a more accurate way, Are Presidents above the law? This new age was spurred into existence when home grown dummies elected a corrupt, mentally ill, anti-democratic, would be dictator as President and don’t bother to hold him responsible for his crimes, don’t want to because in the ensuing mayhem and destruction, they think they will be better off. The man is actually advocating violence (not the first time). And btw, screw democracy too. If this feeling spreads, we are In deep shirt.

This goes beyond one treasonous Peice of work and out to all his minions. This is on you or should we be sympathetic to the idea of they can’t help being selfish suckers to the Nation’s detriment? Donald Trump is the single largest individual threat to our democracy and it‘s all going to boil down to will the majority of the GOP return to his embrace and start slinging his excrement to support him?

Former president Donald Trump and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis met privately Sunday morning in Miami, according to people familiar with the matter, breaking a years-long chill between the presumptive Republican nominee and his onetime chief primary rival.

hingtonpost.com/politics/2024/04/28/trump-desantis-meeting/[/URL]
    as usual the toadies kiss the butt even after being called names and tossed under the bus.

Bill Barr has claimed Donald Trump often suggested executing his political rivals during heated moments of his four-year tenure in the White House.

Former White House communications director Alyssa Farah Griffin told The View back in December that Mr Trump once called for a staff member to be put to death for leaking a story about the then-president going down to a bunker during Black Lives Matter protests in summer 2020.

Former Trump administration attorney general Mr Barr was asked about the claims during an interview on CNN last week.

“I remember him being very mad about that,” Mr Barr said on the matter.

“I actually don’t remember him saying ‘executing’ but I wouldn’t dispute it, you know… The president would lose his temper and say things like that. I doubt he would’ve actually carried it out.”

CNN’s Kaitlan Collins then asked whether the 45th president had made similarly extreme statements “on other occasions” during his presidency.

Mr Barr brushed off the comments saying that people would take Mr Trump “too literally” – before acknowledging that he would make such statements.

“He would say things similar to that on occasions to blow off steam. But I wouldn’t take them literally every time he did it,” Mr Barr said, adding: “At the end of the day, it wouldn’t be carried out and you could talk sense into him.”

“I don’t think the threat is there. The thing that I worry about president Trump is not that he’s going to become an autocrat and do those kinds of things,” he said.

“Having worked for him and seen him in action, I don’t think he would actually go and kill political rivals and things like that.”

The Independent has approached the Trump campaign for comment about Mr Barr’s remarks...........

Mr Barr brushed off the comments saying that people would take Mr Trump “too literally” – before acknowledging that he would make such statements.

“He would say things similar to that on occasions to blow off steam. But I wouldn’t take them literally every time he did it,” Mr Barr said, adding: “At the end of the day, it wouldn’t be carried out and you could talk sense into him.”

“I don’t think the threat is there. The thing that I worry about president Trump is not that he’s going to become an autocrat and do those kinds of things,” he said.

“Having worked for him and seen him in action, I don’t think he would actually go and kill political rivals and things like that.”

The Independent has approached the Trump campaign for comment about Mr Barr’s remarks...........

We would fill a jar the size of actual Statue of Liberty with pennies if we added a penny for every time somebody that supports Trumps says "I don't think he would actually do ....", i.e. something terrible, and then he went ahead and did it.

We would fill a jar the size of actual Statue of Liberty with pennies if we added a penny for every time somebody that supports Trumps says "I don't think he would actually do ...." and then he went ahead and did it.

and if you took out a penny every time somebody said "I can't believe he actually did XYZ! That’s it! I'm done with Trump!" You'd still have a full Statue of Liberty sized jar of pennies

Last edited:
    This might have something to do with the withdrawal...

The firm — LaRocca, Hornik, Greenberg, Rosen, Kittridge, Carlin and McPartland — has represented Trump’s political operation in numerous suits dating to his first presidential run, helping secure several settlements and dismissals and billing nearly $3 million in the process.

But late Friday, it asked a federal magistrate judge to allow it to withdraw from a suit filed by a former campaign surrogate, A.J. Delgado, who says she was sidelined by the campaign in 2016 after revealing she was pregnant. The timing of the motion was notable, just two days after the same federal court had ordered the campaign to turn over in discovery all complaints of sexual harassment and gender or pregnancy discrimination from the 2016 and 2020 campaigns — materials that the defendants have long resisted handing over.

From the NYT article:

“Delgado, who is representing herself in the matter, objected to the withdrawal in a filing Monday, arguing it should not be allowed until the discovery process has been completed and calling the request a “scheme to avoid compliance.”

Magistrate Judge Katharine H. Parker said that LaRocca Hornik would have to continue to represent the campaign for the time being and that she would schedule a conference with the law firm and the campaign to discuss the matter.”’

Also:
    “Delgado brought her suit against the campaign, as well as against former advisers Reince Priebus and Sean Spicer, in 2019, claiming sex and pregnancy discrimination.

While working for the campaign, she became pregnant by her supervisor, Jason Miller, a senior communications adviser and spokesperson. When she revealed her pregnancy shortly after the 2016 election, her complaint said, she was relieved of most of her duties and “immediately and inexplicably stopped receiving emails and other communications.”

As part of the litigation, she has been seeking all other complaints of gender discrimination involving the campaign.”

Donald Trump has claimed that the US is heading for its own “October 7 style attack,” in a fiercely anti-immigration campaign speech at a rally in Wisconsin on his day off from court.

The former president, speaking in the battleground state on Wednesday, told supporters that President Joe Biden was planning to bring “massive numbers” of Gazan people from the Middle East to towns across the nation.

He said that Mr Biden was “determined to create the conditions” of an attack, similar to that which occurred in Israel last year, which has since sparked a vicious and ongoing conflict.

On October 7 2023 militants killed around 1,200 people, mostly civilians, in Southern Israel, abducting around 250 hostages. Israel says the militants are still holding around 100 hostages and the remains of more than 30 others.

More than 34,000 Palestinians have been killed so far in the conflict, according to local health officials, with around 80 per cent of Gaza’s population of 2.3 million driven from their homes.

During the rally, Mr Trump claimed that “thousands” of refugees from the Middle East, including Gaza, would soon be brought to the US.

“It should be no surprise that in addition to the millions and millions of people invading our country from the border, crooked Joe is now reportedly planning – this is wonderful news for young people in Wisconsin – to bring massive numbers of Gazans from the Middle East to your American towns, your towns and villages,” he told supporters

“Your towns and villages will now be accepting people from Gaza. Lots of people from Gaza and various other places, Yemen, lots of other places.

“Joe Biden seems determined to create the conditions for an October 7 style attack right here in America. It’s gonna happen with all of these people coming in from the southern border.”

It comes after reports that the Biden administration is considering bringing certain Palestinians to the US as refugees, in order to offer a permanent safe haven to some of those fleeing the embattled territory.............

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom