UFOs are Real (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Huntn

Misty Mountains Envoy
    Reaction score
    I BELIEVE it’s possible. :)

Yesterday there were public hearings in Congress. i… forgot to watch :(
    Why is this a blip? You need to have a space ship land on the Capitol Mall before anyone pays attention…🤔

From this whistle blower, you know how distances are frequently mentioned as a reason why UFOs coukd not be real? There is consideration to the possibility these craft are inter-dimensional.

2D0D0687-2D7F-41C6-9392-A58C7541F4F0.jpeg

A Department of Defense whistleblower made a number of shocking claims about unexplained aerial phenomena — or UAPs, the updated government term for UFOs — during testimony in a congressional hearing on Wednesday.

Among his many claims made under oath, former U.S. intelligence official David Grusch told the House Oversight Committee that “non-human” beings had been retrieved from spacecraft.

Aren’t the great distances addressed via wormhole type speculation or possibly warp drive scenarios?

It is, but also they could just be a million years ahead of us and the universe has been teaming with probes looking for life for a million years. You get a ping from the Sol System, and head on over. It's not like anatomically modern humans haven't existed for 200k years. We aren't super far off with our rudimentary technology from being able to accomplish this task in those timeframes.

You don't need a scifi engine is my point.

It is, but also they could just be a million years ahead of us and the universe has been teaming with probes looking for life for a million years. You get a ping from the Sol System, and head on over. It's not like anatomically modern humans haven't existed for 200k years. We aren't super far off with our rudimentary technology from being able to accomplish this task in those timeframes.

You don't need a scifi engine is my point.
    The assumption is that self-aware creatures will automatically follow plans laid down 10’s to 100’s or more years in the past. Further assumption is that self-replication implies zero percent error and that any error is 100 percent corrected at any and all times along a trip of whatever distance.

What of mutations among crew/passengers during the trip? What of accumulating/commandeering/stealing resources from civilizations, actual or potential, encountered along the trip? What of power relationships? Do we assume that such beings would be benign or dangerous or somewhere in between?

The final question is why should such beings have interest in us and what form would that interest take?

The assumption is that self-aware creatures will automatically follow plans laid down 10’s to 100’s or more years in the past. Further assumption is that self-replication implies zero percent error and that any error is 100 percent corrected at any and all times along a trip of whatever distance.

What of mutations among crew/passengers during the trip? What of accumulating/commandeering/stealing resources from civilizations, actual or potential, encountered along the trip? What of power relationships? Do we assume that such beings would be benign or dangerous or somewhere in between?

The final question is why should such beings have interest in us and what form would that interest take?

We can only approach this from our own perspective. We know our own attributes include a yearning to explore, and for being curious. Is this a trait that would be shared with all civilization able to explore the galaxy? We have no idea. That's not really the question though. What's most probable, or highly likely ways a civilization would explore the galaxy? The strategies we would use ourselves seems a good place to start.

Radiation has a simple counter in water. A spacing faring civilization would probably have other means, but that is an extremely simple solution that we know would work.

We assume benign if they are here now, observing and not killing/harming us. That might not be right though, but there probably isn't much we can do about it either way.

As far as interest, they maybe simply cataloguing the progress of different species. They maybe wanting for us to advance far enough to communicate with. They may not want to communicate with us, but with an artificial super intelligence we build in the future.

We can only approach this from our own perspective. We know our own attributes include a yearning to explore, and for being curious. Is this a trait that would be shared with all civilization able to explore the galaxy? We have no idea. That's not really the question though. What's most probable, or highly likely ways a civilization would explore the galaxy? The strategies we would use ourselves seems a good place to start.

Radiation has a simple counter in water. A spacing faring civilization would probably have other means, but that is an extremely simple solution that we know would work.

We assume benign if they are here now, observing and not killing/harming us. That might not be right though, but there probably isn't much we can do about it either way.

As far as interest, they maybe simply cataloguing the progress of different species. They maybe wanting for us to advance far enough to communicate with. They may not want to communicate with us, but with an artificial super intelligence we build in the future.
    In the end all of this is purely speculation. Self-replicating machines used for interstellar space travel are a guess. The assumption that different sentient, self-aware species evolved along the lines of Earth humans is a conceit. I do not mean evolved to look like humans. Further conceit is that they would have the same curiosity about infinity that many humans do. We can only look through a human lens to posit about that which we cannot know at this time on this planet. We cannot even arbitrarily assume that there are other sentient, self-aware species elsewhere nor can we arbitrarily assume that there are not.

We will know whether beings from somewhere else visited here when they unveil themselves or we discover them.

That is, imo, unlikely to happen within the lifetimes of the humans alive today.

There are probably an infinite number of possibilities that don't involve anything we understand.

If we assume "aliens" are behind the UAP, they don't even have to be from somewhere other than Earth.

There are probably an infinite number of possibilities that don't involve anything we understand.

If we assume "aliens" are behind the UAP, they don't even have to be from somewhere other than Earth.
    …the rift in the bottom of the Pacific. 🙂

In the end all of this is purely speculation. Self-replicating machines used for interstellar space travel are a guess. The assumption that different sentient, self-aware species evolved along the lines of Earth humans is a conceit. I do not mean evolved to look like humans. Further conceit is that they would have the same curiosity about infinity that many humans do. We can only look through a human lens to posit about that which we cannot know at this time on this planet. We cannot even arbitrarily assume that there are other sentient, self-aware species elsewhere nor can we arbitrarily assume that there are not.

We will know whether beings from somewhere else visited here when they unveil themselves or we discover them.

That is, imo, unlikely to happen within the lifetimes of the humans alive today.

I mean you started this with a point about interstellar distances, and the speed of light. My point was a bunch of hairless monkeys have a decent work around already figured out. That is not some massive hurdle. You have to think about the problem on longer timescales then one or two human lifespans.

I'm not sure what a discussion on the fact that all of this is theory, and has never been built would yield. I feel like that's simply stating the extremely obvious.

I mean you started this with a point about interstellar distances, and the speed of light. My point was a bunch of hairless monkeys have a decent work around already figured out. That is not some massive hurdle. You have to think about the problem on longer timescales then one or two human lifespans.

I'm not sure what a discussion on the fact that all of this is theory, and has never been built would yield. I feel like that's simply stating the extremely obvious.
    Um, actually they don’t. A work around that is completely hypothetical is not a work around. It is an idea which is fine but it is in no way even approaching getting on a drawing board.

Very much thinking on longer timescales is required. Which goes back to the concept of why self-aware species would arbitrarily follow the orders and mission goals of individuals long dead. There will always be individuals that would gladly do so and individuals who gladly would not. Virtually every dystopian novel/movie starts with the premise of “freedom” which is a literary conceit as freedom is never defined. Revolt against authority structures occurs and the revolutionaries win. Yet they never go past winning to show what the next steps in the evolution of social organization look like. To assume that individuals born mid-trip on such a voyage would not carry the seeds of their own revolution is neglecting potential problems to such a theory. Such a voyage would require intensive indoctrination including the likely destruction of much history of the home world. It would also require that elderly individuals not divulge details of the home world. I find that doubtful.

The question, are there recovered remains of extraterrestrials or their technology? This would resolve validity of the topic. Otherwise, the phenomena should not be ignored by simply saying “the distances are too great”. We have no idea. Events described as encounters should be investigated.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom