RFK's campaign (will run as independent/third-party) (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

samiam5211

Reaction score
It looks like he's going to be on the ticket in November. I think he should get his own thread. He's about to become well funded, and it's going to be a professionally run campaign no doubt. I don't think it's out of the question that he get's Perot like numbers, and even if he get's 1/4 of that it could be a disaster for the Biden campaign that is probably looking at a few thousand votes in a few states turning the election anyway.

There is going to be money behind this campaign from all sorts of angles. No matter what anyone thinks about RFK, it would be a terrible mistake to not take this campaign seriously. He might take some from Trump for sure, but he's going to take more of the anti Trump vote from Biden, and Biden can't really spare any votes. Not all people who were going to vote for Biden would disagree with the things RFK has said about vaccines, and he's not going to be spending his time campaigning on just vaccine skepticism.

There are many more people voting for Biden who aren't enthusiastic about Biden than there are on the other side.

Asuper PAC supporting Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has begun polling his support as an Independent, one of the strongest indications to date that the long-shot Democrat is set to announce a party affiliation switch.

The poll, conducted by the firm John Zogby Strategies and commissioned by the American Values 2024 PAC, comes amid growing speculation — fueled by Kennedy himself — that he will leave the Democratic Party in the upcoming weeks.

...the current Biden censorship regime.
There is no such thing. It's a lie that keeps getting repeated, but it's a dishonest spin on what actually happened. Even the Supreme Court pushed back on oral arguments that claimed the Biden administration was censoring free speech and violating the First Amendment.

Liars don't like it when they aren't allow to lie without anyone challenging their lies. The First Amendment does not protect liars from having their lies challenged by other people. To prevent people from showing that lies are lies would be the actual violation of the First Amendment. The liars are trying to get the Supreme Court to prevent the Biden administration, not all presidents just the Biden administration, from working with social media to call out lies as lies.

The liars don't want freedom of speech. They want control over speech. They want to be able to tell all the lies they want while preventing anyone from having the freedom of speech to point out that their lies are lies.

This BS lie is told in an actual effort to censor people and deny them their freedom of speech to point out the lies that liars spread. The First Amendment gives everyone the right to lie if they choose to lie, but it does not give the liars a right to keep other people from calling out the lies they they spread.

The liars know that the truth is not in their favor, so they get really upset at anyone that dares to speak the truth against their lies. They can't fool as many people with their lies when people are given the freedom to point out the lies they say.

Last edited:
In the polls, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. is a long shot independent presidential candidate, struggling to compete against the well-funded incumbent and his spotlight-grabbing predecessor.

But on TikTok, Kennedy is a towering figure, with more than 1.2 million followers.
“RFK Jr is making some of the best political candidate TikTok content ever made,” news content creator V Spehar recently posted on Threads, adding: “This is not an endorsement, I’m just saying he’s broken through and is hitting millions of views day after day. Folks should pay attention.”

How Kennedy’s presence on the popular social media platform will affect the November election is impossible to say. But there’s little doubt who is responsible for Kennedy’s rise there: Link Lauren, 25, a politically eclectic content creator who has shot to fame over the past year by covering and collaborating with long-shot presidential candidates.

Lauren has amassed more than 455,400 followers on his personal TikTok account and nearly 20 million likes. By contrast, the Biden campaign has just 274,000 followers, and Donald Trump, the presumptive Republican nominee, has no official TikTok presence.

With 170 million users in the United States, TikTok is considered fundamental to reaching young voters, who were key to Biden’s 2020 triumph over Trump. Kennedy hired Lauren as a paid senior adviser in November in hopes of reaching this critical demographic — though there’s debate over whether his campaign is more likely to appeal to Biden or Trump supporters.

Last week, the bipartisan No Labels group announced it won’t field a presidential candidate, leaving Kennedy as the most prominent independent candidate in the race.

Since joining the campaign, Lauren has played a key role in designing some of Kennedy’s most successful online initiatives, including drafting the script for a recent video aimed at voters under 30 who, as Kennedy says in the spot, “probably know my name but not much about me.”

In the video, Kennedy describes the political history of his storied clan, talks about his record as an environmental and antiwar activist and lays out positions intended to appeal to voters beset by high rents and low rates of homeownership. It has been viewed more than 1.5 million times on Instagram and has drawn thousands of comments……

Can't be any clearer.

I think it will backfire, because I think what Rita Palmer, Robert F. Kennedy campaign’s state director in New York, said is true:

“The Kennedy voter and the Trump voter, our mutual enemy is Biden.”​

JFK Jr is much more closely aligned to Trump than Biden. Like she said, Trump's voters and JFK Jr.'s voters are both enemies of Biden.

Most, if not all, of them are people that already weren't going to vote for Biden and without JFK Jr. on the ballot are more likely to vote for Trump, a third party, or not at all. I think they would most likely vote for a third party or not at all.

I don't think JFK Jr. will get on enough ballots and take enough votes from either Biden or Trump to sway the election one way or another.

Trump and MAGA think just because his father and family were Democrats that only those who usually vote Democrat will vote for him. I don't think that's true.

The article even shows that the MAGA operatives and Trump are basing that belief on one thing, RFK Jr. views on vaccinations. There's nothing to indicate that a substantial percentage of previous Biden voters are going to switch their vote to JFK Jr. because of his views on vaccines.

These are the known issues that some Biden voters have voiced issues with Biden on:
  • Biden not doing more to protect Palestinians from the Israeli assault and being too supportive of Israel. JFK Jr. is unlikely to pull Biden voters on that issue https://www.ocregister.com/2024/01/...israel-is-costing-his-campaign-for-president/
  • Biden has diminished mental capacity which is evident when he gives a speech. Have you listened to JFK Jr. speak for more than a minute? He not only sounds like he's mentally diminished, his voice and speaking cadence is hard to tolearte for more than a minute or so. That's why social media clips are his best medium. Hist TikTok views don't mean approval, they only mean interest. We all know that interest is just as much negative interest, if not more, as it is positive interest.
That's it. Those are the only issues that Biden voters have taken up with Biden. The crime and economy issues are not coming from previous Biden voters. Biden voters defend him on those issues, rather tenaciously at that.

That leaves the vaccine issue. I haven't heard any polling that suggests that previous Biden voters disagree with Biden on the issue of vaccines and agree with JFK Jr. about vaccines.

What I do know is that a very large percentage of previous Trhttps://www.ocregister.com/2024/01/10/rfk-jr-s-unconditional-support-for-israel-is-costing-his-campaign-for-president/ump voters completely agree with JFK Jr.'s views on vaccines. It makes rational sense to expect that previous Biden voters are going to switch to voting for JFK Jr.

Then there's the sleeping dragon issue, women's right to autonmoy over their bodies, it's not just an abortion issue. JFK Jr keeps flip-floping on the issue of abortion. I doubt he takes many votes away from Biden on that issue. His VP has made it clear she thinks IVF is a scam and is fiercly against it. That's definitely not going to persuade many women to vote for JFK Jr. instead of Biden.

What I know is that a high percentage of Trump voters have been very supportive of stripping women of automony over their bodies regarding abortion and have publicly stated their goal is a national ban of all abortion and all contraceptives.

Last edited:
I think it will backfire, because I think what Rita Palmer, Robert F. Kennedy campaign’s state director in New York, said is true:

JFK Jr is much more closely aligned to Trump than Biden. Like she said, Trump's voters and JFK Jr.'s voters are both enemies of Biden.

Most, if not all, of them are people that already weren't going to vote for Biden and without JFK Jr. on the ballot are more likely to vote for Trump, a third party, or not at all. I think they would most likely vote for a third party or not at all.

I don't think JFK Jr. will get on enough ballots and take enough votes from either Biden or Trump to sway the election one way or another.

Trump and MAGA think just because his father and family were Democrats that only those who usually vote Democrat will vote for him. I don't think that's true.

The article even shows that the MAGA operatives and Trump are basing that belief on one thing, RFK Jr. views on vaccinations. There's nothing to indicate that a substantial percentage of previous Biden voters are going to switch their vote to JFK Jr. because of his views on vaccines.

These are the known issues that some Biden voters have voiced issues with Biden on:
  • Biden not doing more to protect Palestinians from the Israeli assault and being too supportive of Israel. JFK Jr. is unlikely to pull Biden voters on that issue https://www.ocregister.com/2024/01/...israel-is-costing-his-campaign-for-president/
  • Biden has diminished mental capacity which is evident when he gives a speech. Have you listened to JFK Jr. speak for more than a minute? He not only sounds like he's mentally diminished, his voice and speaking cadence is hard to tolearte for more than a minute or so. That's why social media clips are his best medium. Hist TikTok views don't mean approval, they only mean interest. We all know that interest is just as much negative interest, if not more, as it is positive interest.
That's it. Those are the only issues that Biden voters have taken up with Biden. The crime and economy issues are not coming from previous Biden voters. Biden voters defend him on those issues, rather tenaciously at that.

That leaves the vaccine issue. I haven't heard any polling that suggests that previous Biden voters disagree with Biden on the issue of vaccines and agree with JFK Jr. about vaccines.

What I do know is that a very large percentage of previous Trhttps://www.ocregister.com/2024/01/10/rfk-jr-s-unconditional-support-for-israel-is-costing-his-campaign-for-president/ump voters completely agree with JFK Jr.'s views on vaccines. It makes rational sense to expect that previous Biden voters are going to switch to voting for JFK Jr.

Then there's the sleeping dragon issue, women's right to autonmoy over their bodies, it's not just an abortion issue. JFK Jr keeps flip-floping on the issue of abortion. I doubt he takes many votes away from Biden on that issue. His VP has made it clear she thinks IVF is a scam and is fiercly against it. That's definitely not going to persuade many women to vote for JFK Jr. instead of Biden.

What I know is that a high percentage of Trump voters have been very supportive of stripping women of automony over their bodies regarding abortion and have publicly stated their goal is a national ban of all abortion and all contraceptives.
This is all reasonable. And if voters are informed on him, I can't see it any other way. However he keeps selling himself as something different. He says he isn't anti vax, yet we know he is. The saving grace is that this guy is undisciplined just as trump is. He constantly changes his story. I just hope voters see through all the bs and view as rationally as you say. That voter uncertainty scares me. It's my irrational fear.

Last edited:
It doesn't smell like fear. It smells like panic.
Panic from Biden maybe

"I was very happy today to see the protesters outside. When our staff interviewed them they said, 'Yeah, we were all paid to be here.' And their posters were all written by the same guy...But I'm glad because I'm glad that the DNC and the White House are finally doing something to help poor people in this country."

Panic from Biden maybe

"I was very happy today to see the protesters outside. When our staff interviewed them they said, 'Yeah, we were all paid to be here.' And their posters were all written by the same guy...But I'm glad because I'm glad that the DNC and the White House are finally doing something to help poor people in this country."

I believe absolutely nothing the anti-vaxxer has to say. His family is over him. That says something you should think about right there. Oh, and his own people said their purpose is to get Trump elected. Of course, that part should be satisfying for you.

I believe absolutely nothing the anti-vaxxer has to say. His family is over him. That says something you should think about right there. Oh, and his own people said their purpose is to get Trump elected. Of course, that part should be satisfying for you.

He is attacking the left with dog whistles. All this does is court more conservatives.

I saw SFL's post and had this reaction:

He’s as big a pathological liar as Trump, and that’s a high bar to clear. Whatever he says needs to be doubly verified before any sane person takes him seriously. So if he says they were paid, they probably weren’t.

Panic from Biden maybe.
I don't believe anything serial liars say unless I confirm it for myself. Usually, the exact opposite of what a serial liar says is the truth.

JFK Jr. is a serial liar, so if he says he was told protestors said they were paid, the most likely truth is that the protestors were not paid.

If you look at JFK Jr.'s position on the issues that are most important to voters, JFK Jr. takes an opposite position to Biden on every single issue.

If you look at JFK Jr.'s position on the issues that are most important to voters, JFK Jr. takes an nearly exact position to Trump on nearly every single issue.

Trump has more to fear from JFK Jr. which is why Hannity and Trump's other supporters are crowing about how much JFK Jr is like Biden, which is a complete lie.

If the Trump campaign didn't think JFK Jr. was a threat, he wouldn't have Hannity and Trump's other supporters openly trying to sway voters from Biden to JFK Jr.

I haven't seen Biden or his other supporters trying to convince Trump voters to vote for JFK Jr, except when I satirically told SaintForLife he should vote for JFK Jr.

I told SaintForLife that to point out how similar JFK Jr is to Trump on the issues that seem to matter the most to SaintForLife.

I haven’t studied JFK’s plank, but the few I have studied were wacky, so it doesn’t surprise me that it mirrors Trump. I hope that remains the case, bry that should eventually filter out to the voting public and pull more voters from Trump. The main catch is that there are many voters that like Trump’s plank but not him. If JFK weren’t in the running, some of those would bite for Biden, whereas now they have JFK. This is why we desperately need ranked choice, because it would narrow the field and the extremists would lose.

I haven’t studied JFK’s plank, but the few I have studied were wacky, so it doesn’t surprise me that it mirrors Trump. I hope that remains the case, bry that should eventually filter out to the voting public and pull more voters from Trump. The main catch is that there are many voters that like Trump’s plank but not him. If JFK weren’t in the running, some of those would bite for Biden, whereas now they have JFK. This is why we desperately need ranked choice, because it would narrow the field and the extremists would lose.
Trump and Biden are polar opposites, not just party opposites. I don't see how anyone who would agrees with Trump would ever vote for Biden. The converse is also true. I can't see anyone who agrees with Trump voting for Biden.

The people that agree with Biden, but don't want to vote for him will look for someone else they agree with to vote for. That's not Trump or JFK Jr. on any issue.

The people who agree with Trump, but don't want to vote for him will look for someone else they agree with to vote for. That's not Biden on any issue, but it very much is JFK Jr. on a lot of issues.

That's how I see it.

I do see indications that RFK Jr is being duplicitous about his stances. He is being advised and funded by Trump people. He has been lying about his more extreme stances - even claiming he isn’t anti-vax at times. He has been playing up his environmental experience, and anti-establishment views. They want to pull away Biden voters. I don’t know how well it will work, but it does concern me some.

I don't believe at this point anyone knows what effect RFK's campaign will have on the 2024 presidential election.

I finally looked up RFK's platform, and it leans much more Democratic vs Republican. With exception of Health Care and Reproductive Rights, one could argue that the rest fit within the Democratic Party. RFK differs from Biden in Foreign Policy, particularly with respect to Ukraine, but his position fits within the umbrella of the Democratic Party, although very few take the position that we should stop funding Ukraine.

RFK's Climate Change, Crime and Policing, Education, Economy and Immigration policies align with most Democrats. With that alignment, and his last name, I think he will pull more votes from Biden than Trump.

Last edited:
I finally looked up RFK's platform, and it leans much more Democratic vs Republican. With exception of Health Care and Reproductive Rights, one could argue that the rest fit within the Democratic Party. RFK differs from Biden in Foreign Policy, particularly with respect to Ukraine, but his position fits within the umbrella of the Democratic Party, although very few take the position that we should stop funding Ukraine.

RFK's Climate Change, Crime and Policing, Education, Economy and Immigration policies align with most Democrats. With that alignment, and his last name, I think he will pull more votes from Biden than Trump.

That’s not an accident. They are tailoring his policies to pull from Biden. He is lying about his positions to attract Biden voters. His NY State chair even floated the idea he has been promised a Cabinet position if Trump wins. This is as dirty a political trick as there can be. He’s going along with it because he’s a malignant narcissist almost on Trump’s level.

You're looking at what JFK Jr.'s campaign managers have put in writing.

His campaign managers who wrote those policy positions are pro-Trump and trying to use JFK Jr. to pull votes from Biden.

Voters are going to focus more on what JFK Jr. actually says and has said.

What JFK Jr. says now and has been saying for years runs very contrary to what his campaign managers have written down.

I don't think many voters are going to be influenced by the article you quoted. I think they are going to be more influenced by the words that actually come out of JFK Jr.'s mouth and how he sounds when he says them.

If JFK Jr. thinks he's being attacked by Biden and Trump now, just wait until Biden and Trump actually start attacking him full on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom