RFK's campaign (will run as independent/third-party) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

samiam5211

Reaction score
    It looks like he's going to be on the ticket in November. I think he should get his own thread. He's about to become well funded, and it's going to be a professionally run campaign no doubt. I don't think it's out of the question that he get's Perot like numbers, and even if he get's 1/4 of that it could be a disaster for the Biden campaign that is probably looking at a few thousand votes in a few states turning the election anyway.

There is going to be money behind this campaign from all sorts of angles. No matter what anyone thinks about RFK, it would be a terrible mistake to not take this campaign seriously. He might take some from Trump for sure, but he's going to take more of the anti Trump vote from Biden, and Biden can't really spare any votes. Not all people who were going to vote for Biden would disagree with the things RFK has said about vaccines, and he's not going to be spending his time campaigning on just vaccine skepticism.

There are many more people voting for Biden who aren't enthusiastic about Biden than there are on the other side.

Asuper PAC supporting Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has begun polling his support as an Independent, one of the strongest indications to date that the long-shot Democrat is set to announce a party affiliation switch.

The poll, conducted by the firm John Zogby Strategies and commissioned by the American Values 2024 PAC, comes amid growing speculation — fueled by Kennedy himself — that he will leave the Democratic Party in the upcoming weeks.

Robert F. Kennedy Jnr, the presumptive third-party candidate in the 2024 presidential election, summoned the nation’s media on Wednesday to an office building in downtown Brooklyn, next door to Norm’s Pizza, to make a “major announcement.”

Admittedly, the threshold for major announcements at this point in the campaign calendar, the dead zone between primaries and the conventions, is extremely low, but even by those standards, he fell drastically short.

What he delivered, instead, was a meandering PowerPoint presentation that he used to demonstrate that he was not a spoiler candidate (that’s the term given to when one political candidate who will clearly lose draws enough votes away from another candidate to ensure their defeat). Given that “spoiler candidate” has become something of an unofficial slogan for Mr Kennedy’s campaign, he faced an uphill battle.

After an uncomfortable minute spent trying to find his opening slide, Mr Kennedy presented a dizzying array of maps and polls and tweets to make his argument.

He brought to the screen a “mammoth” Zogby poll commissioned by his campaign, with a sample size of 26,408 people — statistical overkill, in other words — that showed president Joe Biden would lose to former president Donald Trump in a head-to-head race if the election was held today.

The same poll showed Mr Kennedy narrowly beating Trump, he said, in a head-to-head-race. He invited the press to check his numbers at (www.kennedy24.com/spoiler).

The problem here, of course, is that Mr Kennedy is not the Democratic Party candidate, and unless he convinces the Democrats not to field a candidate for the first time in the party’s history, head-to-head polls don’t mean much.…..

A comment to JFK Jr, it doesn't matter what the polls show, if you aren't on the ballot in every state, then you have no chance of beating anyone.

A few questions for JFK Jr.

Did you do a head-to-head poll with Biden?

If you did, did Biden win or did you?

If you didn't, why not?

When you have to make a big "announcement" to tell everyone you're not a spoiler and to ask the major party nominee to drop out, you're campaign is dead in the water.

I think JFK Jr. is correct about not being a spoiler, because I don't think he'll get enough votes to swing the elections in any of the states that he'll actually be on the ballot.

I'm thrilled he chose to announce he'd beat Trump. That's going to escalate the public feud between him and Trump, which I think is great.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom