Next Speaker of the House? (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    There’s a lot of doubt that Kevin McCarthy will be able to get enough votes to become Speaker. It certainly won’t happen on the first ballot. Already Boboert and MTG are publicly at odds over it.

Maybe this is worth it’s own thread to watch. One person mentioned is Scalise.

That would flip everything on its head. If they gain a majority before the election, they can get some sheet passed. Of course the Republicans will just block everything in the Senate.

They could possibly get the Ukraine aid/border deal passed.

I was told by people here that this doesn’t happen and the Congress has plenty of time to read the entire bill and the votes aren't rushed.

I was told by people here that this doesn’t happen and the Congress has plenty of time to read the entire bill and the votes aren't rushed.

You know, he should have been a part of the process if he was truly concerned about the results. Those congressmen that make those complaints are just in congress for the theatrics.

You know, he should have been a part of the process if he was truly concerned about the results. Those congressmen that make those complaints are just in congress for the theatrics.
    What's scary is you seem to be okay with giving Congress so little time to read 1,012 page bill that's worth 1.2 Trillion.

What's scary is you seem to be okay with giving Congress so little time to read 1,012 page bill that's worth 1.2 Trillion.
    This is just a load of nonsense. Congress has the same 24 hours in a day as any other Congress. What exactly has changed that they can't actually read a bill? Not a damn thing. Your blathering is beyond old.

This is just a load of nonsense. Congress has the same 24 hours in a day as any other Congress. What exactly has changed that they can't actually read a bill? Not a damn thing. Your blathering is beyond old.
    You have no idea what you are talking about. The fact that you've been conditioned to think they don't need time to read trillion dollar bills shows why you are a top member of Operation Mockingbird.

...to think they don't need time to read trillion dollar bills...
    Delegation and division of labor between other trusted members of Congress and all the staff assistants provides plenty of man hours to read through thousands of pages in a 24 hour period.

For instance, 1,000 pages / 30 readers (5 members of the house plus their combined 25 staffers) = each person has to read 33.33 pages. If any of those members of Congress or their staffers can't read through 33.3 pages and report highlights to everyone else within 24 hours, then they have no business being in Congress.

Even if it's 10,000 pages, they should each be able to get through 333.33 pages and report to everyone else within 24 hours. I've done similar volumes of reading and reporting within 24 hours and I've never been the faster reader in any group I've been in.

The current budget is 1,012 pages long and they were given 30 hours to review it, so 1,012 pages / 30 people is 33.73 pages per person in 30 hours. That's nearly one hour per page per person. That's plenty of time.

If a member of Congress doesn't know what's in the budget bill, it's because they chose not to make any effort to know what's in it or they're in over way over their heads.

Last edited:
    Delegation and division of labor between other trusted members of Congress and all the staff assistants provides plenty of man hours to read through thousands of pages in a 24 hour period.

For instance, 1,000 pages / 30 readers (5 members of the house plus their combined 25 staffers) = each person has to read 33.33 pages. If any of those members of Congress or their staffers can't read through 33.3 pages and report highlights to everyone else within 24 hours, then they have no business being in Congress.

Even if it's 10,000 pages, they should each be able to get through 333.33 pages and report to everyone else within 24 hours. I've done similar volumes of reading and reporting within 24 hours and I've never been the faster reader in any group I've been in.

The current budget is 1,012 pages long and they were given 30 hours to review it, so 1,012 pages / 30 people is 33.73 pages per person in 30 hours. That's nearly one hour per page per person. That's plenty of time.

If a member of Congress doesn't know what's in the budget bill, it's because they chose not to make any effort to know what's in it or they're in over way over their heads.
    Wow. Running cover for the deep state corruption. Imagine just stating Trillion dollar bills shouldn't be rushed through Congress.

But we all know why the deep state doesn't want much time to read the bill. They know the more time to read what's actually in the bill would mean more time for opposition to the bill once we ALWAYS learn how the bill is much worse than what they initially told us....and yet you defend it.

We only talk about corruption when it's a Democrat. We only talk about the debt when Democrats are president. We only talk about sexual misconduct when it's a Democrat.

This critiques can't come from you. I know they aren't earnest.
    When you can't even address the issue at hand and you have to resort to deflection.

When you can't even address the issue at hand and you have to resort to deflection.

There was a 8 trillion dollar deficit under Trump. That's 2 trillion per year. Not a word.

You don't even have a premise as to what peril we are putting ourselves in here. At least on the old board Dapperdan chicken-littled about the bond market crashing any day when Obama was president.

You need to try harder. I know that Republicans want to brinkmanship in an election year. Some of them are so insane they would actually shutdown government and hope Democrats get blamed. That's why you are so inflamed.

It's the same stuff with Ukraine. They know Ukraine having major success right now hurts their election odds.

It's also why the border has once again in an election year become a hot topic.

Why do you get to dictate the topics I should discuss? You clearly have no real conviction. You are simply a reflection of the party you belong too. No one on this board has to pretend to care about whatever outrage bait you gobbled up today.

I will consistently, and constantly point out your hypocrisy on these topics.

Last edited:
    There was a 8 trillion dollar deficit under Trump. That's 2 trillion per year. Not a word.

You don't even have a premise as to what peril we are putting ourselves in here. At least on the old board Dapperdan chicken-littled about the bond market crashing any day when Obama was president.
    Spoken like a partisan Democrat masquerading as a neutral observer.

Did I say the debt was all the Democrats or Biden's fault? No. Why don't you address the current issue at hand instead of trying to play the blame game.

Both parties are to blame. Republicans only claim to care about the debt when they are out of power.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom