Israel vs Hamas (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

GrandAdmiral

Reaction score
    Looks like the fight is on with Israeli soldiers and civilians amongst the dead already. Question becomes, how long before we get dragged into this?

Here’s the political angle I’m looking for:

Are republicans gonna balk at supplying Israel with financial support if they ask for it?

Guess we’ll have to wait for SFL to get his talking points to find out, because he doesn’t know what his position is supposed to be yet.

I really wish we would stay out of this conflict completely. Israel is an apartheid state in a race war. I don't want to supply either side of this conflict.

I really wish we would stay out of this conflict completely. Israel is an apartheid state in a race war. I don't want to supply either side of this conflict.
    Not going to happen. We have signed agreements with Israel, IIRC.

Also, the Rs are national security menaces.

Here’s the political angle I’m looking for:

Are republicans gonna balk at supplying Israel with financial support if they ask for it?

Guess we’ll have to wait for SFL to get his talking points to find out, because he doesn’t know what his position is supposed to be yet.
    The evangelicals need Israel to exist. I'd be surprised if the right wingers don't want to aid Israel.

The evangelicals need Israel to exist. I'd be surprised if the right wingers don't want to aid Israel.
    Someone on Twitter said he imagines Schumer will design an aid package for Israel and Ukraine together. Should pass.

Disinfo campaign from Republicans. They are hopeless.

Sure blame Biden. He moved the Israeli capital to Jerusalem when prior agreements were to give east Jerusalem to the Palestinian authorities. He isolated Gaza, creating enormous discontent. He sponsored more settlement in the West bank. Allowed these Jewish settlers unchecked assaults on Palestinians living there. Sure...that must be it. [\s to be clear]

Nah it was the kushner peace plan that put little constraints on netanyahu's annexing Palestinian lands.

Last edited:

I read one article that speculates that netanyahu may face political criticism from his failures...that this assault is solely on his shoulders.

1696779433575.png

Hope I'm incorrect as wars and crisis tends to have that circle the wagon effect. Netanyahu and his far right support deserves a reckoning. Pushing away from a two state solution and oppressing the Palestinians will have consequences.

I posted this at home:

Ask yourselves these 2 questions:
    1. How did Hamas circumvent Israeli surveillance?
    2. Who has shown that they want what is happening at this moment the most?
    1. :idunno:
    2. When trying to answer this question, take in to account all the actions that Bibi has taken since losing and regaining power.
    • He has taken a more extreme stance towards all Palestinians, especially those in the West Bank.
    • He has expanded Israeli settlement there, reversing the previous administrations efforts to thwart expansion.
    • He has consolidated power by neutering their Supreme Court.
    • He has full embrace the rhetoric shared by extremist.
    If you come to the conclusion that Netanyahu is doing exactly what he has wanted to do since he regained power, then you may have your answer to question 1.

When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth - Capt Spock :hihi:

What didn't say there is that I do not trust Netanyahu, I think he is a bad person and an extremist. Believing that about him, I have a hard time not thinking that he would conspire to allow the initial attack in order to wipe out what remains of the West Bank & Gaza. I truly feel sorry for both the Israeli and Palestinian civilians because they both will pay the price for Netanyahu's beliefs.

I really have no idea how netanyahu gets so many chances. I think he has had controversy and scandals since as far back as the 90s
    Probably the same reason as here. A fractured left with an incongruous messaging and a right that sells hate and fear. This is a chance for sfl to join in and question why we support a state that has nazi elements. Ultra Nationalists that views Palestinians as inhuman. That's right, Jewish nazis. And.....they wield some political powers.

Probably the same reason as here. A fractured left with an incongruous messaging and a right that sells hate and fear. This is a chance for sfl to join in and question why we support a state that has nazi elements. Ultra Nationalists that views Palestinians as inhuman. That's right, Jewish nazis. And.....they wield some political powers.

it is really convoluted to me, but I don't live there nor claim to understand their politics. But not too long ago, he got ousted (again)... only to get put right back in to the old position he got kicked out of... boggles my mind

it is really convoluted to me, but I don't live there nor claim to understand their politics. But not too long ago, he got ousted (again)... only to get put right back in to the old position he got kicked out of... boggles my mind
    I'm no expert myself..far from it...but I think bibi uses the he's the lesser of 2 evils argument. If I remember correctly, right leaning parties won the majority of seats in the last election. And there is a farther right candidate who won significant seats.

I found this article that gives a basic rundown of the events

one thing that stood out was:
    "16-year blockade of Gaza by Israel and Egypt that has almost destroyed the strip’s internal economy and has caused hardship for the people living there. "

I'm against terrorist attacks obviously, but due to how caged in the people of Palestine are, a lot of civilians are going to die from this. Where are they expected to flee to?

I found this article that gives a basic rundown of the events

one thing that stood out was:
    "16-year blockade of Gaza by Israel and Egypt that has almost destroyed the strip’s internal economy and has caused hardship for the people living there. "

I'm against terrorist attacks obviously, but due to how caged in the people of Palestine are, a lot of civilians are going to die from this. Where are they expected to flee to?
    Hamas/Hezbollah and the hardline Israelis are in a self-feeding cycle. They continue attacks and Israel continues to claim self defense.

Until one side gets off the see saw, this will continue.

Hamas/Hezbollah attacks will continue to create hardliners and Israeli blockades/strikes will create jihadists. Remove either from equation and other ceases to exist. Altho I think jihadis will still be around, just re focus.

Crazy.

Because of Tuberville’s hold - several critical posts are not filled.

Aren't Tubberville's holds done strictly because the military found a work around to pay for travel for abortion despite it being against the law to use federal funds for abortions(Hyde ammendment)? Is paying for travel for abortions in the military worth it in regards to the fight with Tuberville?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom