All Things LGBTQ+ (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    Didn't really see a place for this so I thought I would start a thread about all things LGBTQ since this is a pretty hot topic in our culture right now

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/sup...y-that-refuses-to-work-with-lgbt-couples.html

• The Supreme Court on Thursday delivered a unanimous defeat to LGBT couples in a high-profile case over whether Philadelphia could refuse to contract with a Roman Catholic adoption agency that says its religious beliefs prevent it from working with same-sex foster parents.
    • Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in an opinion for a majority of the court that Philadelphia violated the First Amendment by refusing to contract with Catholic Social Services once it learned that the organization would not certify same-sex couples for adoption.

I will admit, I was hopeful for this decision by the SCOTUS but I was surprised by the unanimous decision.

While I don't think there is anything wrong, per se, with same sex couples adopting and raising children (I actually think it is a good thing as it not an abortion) but I also did not want to see the state force a religious institution to bend to a societal norm.

There really isn't anything regulating the ability of a child to consent to sex.

Two 13 year olds can decide to have sex, and it isn't illegal.

The law punishes an adult for having sex with the 13 year old, not the 13 year old.
    I think you know, or at least hope you knew I was talking about adult/child sex. Do you think that society should have laws in place to prevent adults from using a child for sex?

I think you know, or at least hope you knew I was talking about adult/child sex. Do you think that society should have laws in place to prevent adults from using a child for sex?

Yes.

Do you think that has something to do with allowing a child, their doctor, and parents from choosing a medical procedure?

Yes.

Do you think that has something to do with allowing a child, their doctor, and parents from choosing a medical procedure?
    Yes.

So far the best argument to allow minors access to life altering surgeries and hormones (that the science is starting to find are not harmless nor reversible) is that it is no ones else's business but those involved. I reject that in the case of minors.

So you think there should be no bans on medical protocols for minors at all?

Do you think if a person presents with an eating disorder like Anorexia, the medical field should 'affirm' the mental illness by providing a diet, counseling and drugs to help that patient lose more weight in an effort to relieve the body dysmorphia?
    Holy false equivalency and a strawman to boot! Working overtime here Farb, lol.

So, what is the line, or who decides what exactly is or isn't God's will?
    The preacher you choose to follow.

In this case, God doesn't make mistakes. He meant men to be men and women to be women. So, therefore gender reassignment surgery is an abomination going against God's will

God doesn't make mistakes. He meant some women to have small boobs and some people to have potato-like noses. So, therefore plastic surgery is an abomination going against God's will is an argument I have never heard anyone make.

Not necessarily an abomination, but certainly not seen in good light, even a sin. And you don't have to stray that far from Christianity: neither Judaism or Islam are down with elective cosmetic surgery.

Yes.

So far the best argument to allow minors access to life altering surgeries and hormones (that the science is starting to find are not harmless nor reversible) is that it is no ones else's business but those involved. I reject that in the case of minors.

What other medical procedures do you care about?

Being born transgender is not a mental illness and it's not a defect. It's just simply being born different.

Some people are not able to accept anyone who is different from them. That's what's happening with people who are born transgender. They are a minority that is different, so they have to put up with a lot of ignorance based intolerance from too many people with too much influence.

Don't lose sight of the fact that most of the people, who reject accepting and embracing people for how they were born, are fighting to control what people, who are born transgender and their parents who love them, can and can't do.

They aren't seeking to protect anyone. They are not being honest when they say that, probably including with themselves.

Control and protection are not the same thing. If they were truly operating from a place of "protecting" these children, then they would demand that they be protected from bullying and abuse. They don't do that. Most of them enbable and play a part in the bullying and abuse. That's because they don't genuinely care about what happens to these children and their parents.

All they truly want is to control these children and parents.

All they truly want is to make these children and their parents do what they tell them to do.

All the control mongers truly want is to make these children and their parents pretend to be "normal," because being reminded of their existence makes the controllers feel uncomfortable.

That's the most depraved and disgusting aspect of this push to control these children and their parents. It's not being done because acceptance and kindness toward these children and their parents poses any threat of any kind to the control mongers.

The push to control these children and their parents is being done simply because the control mongers are uncomfortable with people being different than they are. That is textbook fascism.

Only people who are actually fascist should think I'm talking about them, because I'm only talking about the people who are fascist, control mongers toward the people who are born transgender and their parents who love them.

If what I said isn't true about someone, then I'm obviously not talking about them.

Holy false equivalency and a strawman to boot! Working overtime here Farb, lol.
    Hardly. You think that the decision should be made based on the parents, doctors and patient and everyone else should 'mind their own business'. So, I ask, should medical also 'affirm' a person with anorexia? Both are a type of body dysphoria and or dysmorphia. We are talking about medical care. Can you give me an answer?

Being born transgender is not a mental illness and it's not a defect. It's just simply being born different.
    Well, science says otherwise. Are you saying the ICD-10 is wrong?

I also don't think people are 'born' that way. Social contagion plays a part.

Awesome, next week we can have you work on how to spell hypothetical.
    I think we'll have to get you through basic reading comprehension first:

As for your daughter, if you can bring up an imaginary daughter when objecting to her possibly using the same changing room as a transgender woman, it seems entirely reasonably for someone to ask what you'd tell them about your supporting a rapist.

Last edited:
    I think we'll have to get you though basic reading comprehension first:
    Do you support Biden? Do I support Trump?

So you think there should be no separate bathroom/lockerooms for males and females?

Any one that mutilates a Childs body due to their mental state.

I haven't seen you getting your panties in a bunch about parents getting cosmetic surgery (unrelated to trans) for kids under 18.

Hardly. You think that the decision should be made based on the parents, doctors and patient and everyone else should 'mind their own business'. So, I ask, should medical also 'affirm' a person with anorexia? Both are a type of body dysphoria and or dysmorphia. We are talking about medical care. Can you give me an answer?
    That couldn’t happen because doctors would never do it. That’s why it’s a false equivalency.

You think treatment for trans youth harms them, but that opinion is not mainstream and is based on religious belief. And yes, you can cite controversial views that agree with you but the evidence is hardly conclusive. People with religious biases do studies too, you know this.

Do you think the doctors, parents and patients are trying to harm trans youth? Because I do not. And even if one of the three were trying to do harm, there are safeguards in place to stop them. Basically before any treatment is undertaken, all three (and more than one doctor) have to agree that it is warranted and will benefit the patient.

Maybe you should butt out of other people’s lives? Just a thought.

We are all talking about actual human beings and some of us are advocating for controlling children and the parents that love them while shrouding themselves in a very inconsistently and hypocritically applied cloak of morality. The things that all of us say here have ripple effects on people's lives.

Are you saying the ICD-10 is wrong?
    ICD-10 means International Classification of Diseases Revision 10. It was created and is maintained by the World Health Organization (WHO).

This poster trusts WHO as a reliable and credible authority by trusting their ICD-10 regarding what is and isn't a mental illness/disorder. Remember that this poster referred to a WHO publication as proof of the validity of their claims. Don't ever forget that.

I'm not saying the ICD-10 is wrong, WHO says the ICD-10 was wrong and they wrote it, because on June 18th, 2018 WHO released the ICD-11 (International Classification of Diseases Revision 11) to replace and correct the outdated ICD-10.

In the ICD-11 WHO made these corrections regarding people who are born transgender:

Now, a new edition of the ICD, known as ICD-11, has made changes to reflect a modern understanding of sexual health and gender identity – notably, by replacing “transsexualism” with a new concept of “gender incongruence”, defined as a condition relating to sexual health rather than a mental and behavioural disorder.

ICD-11 has redefined gender identity-related health, replacing outdated diagnostic categories like ICD-10’s “transsexualism” and “gender identity disorder of children” with “gender incongruence of adolescence and adulthood” and “gender incongruence of childhood” respectively. Gender incongruence has been moved out of the “Mental and behavioural disorders” chapter and into the new “Conditions related to sexual health” chapter. This reflects current knowledge that trans-related and gender diverse identities are not conditions of mental ill-health, and that classifying them as such can cause enormous stigma.
    Inclusion of gender incongruence in the ICD-11 should ensure transgender people’s access to gender-affirming health care, as well as adequate health insurance coverage for such services.
    Gender Incongruence of Adolescence and Adulthood is characterised by a marked and persistent incongruence between an individual´s experienced gender and the assigned sex, which often leads to a desire to ‘transition’, in order to live and be accepted as a person of the experienced gender, through hormonal treatment, surgery or other health care services to make the individual´s body align, as much as desired and to the extent possible, with the experienced gender. The diagnosis cannot be assigned prior the onset of puberty. Gender variant behaviour and preferences alone are not a basis for assigning the diagnosis.
    Gender incongruence of childhood is characterised by a marked incongruence between an individual’s experienced/expressed gender and the assigned sex in pre-pubertal children. It includes a strong desire to be a different gender than the assigned sex; a strong dislike on the child’s part of his or her sexual anatomy or anticipated secondary sex characteristics and/or a strong desire for the primary and/or anticipated secondary sex characteristics that match the experienced gender; and make-believe or fantasy play, toys, games, or activities and playmates that are typical of the experienced gender rather than the assigned sex. The incongruence must have persisted for about 2 years. Gender variant behaviour and preferences alone are not a basis for assigning the diagnosis.

Gender-affirmative health care can include any single or combination of a number of social, psychological, behavioural or medical (including hormonal treatment or surgery) interventions designed to support and affirm an individual’s gender identity.
    It's intentionally deceptive to heavily imply that gender-affirmative care always means hormone treatment or surgery. The laws banning gender-affirmative health care ban social, psyhocological and behavioural care as well as hormone therapy and surgery.

Transgender is not a mental disorder or disease. It was a mistake to ever classify it as such and that mistake has been corrected, even though some control mongers don't like and won't accept it.

The children are being protected, they don't need to be "protected" by the control mongers. What they actually need is to be protected from the control mongers.

The control mongers are not trying to "protect" these children. They are trying to force these children and their parents who love them into pretending they are not who they are so that the control mongers don't have to suffer the discomfort of encountering them as they truly are.

I haven't seen you getting your panties in a bunch about parents getting cosmetic surgery (unrelated to trans) for kids under 18.
    can you give me an example? I like to get my panties in a bunch so please share!

That couldn’t happen because doctors would never do it. That’s why it’s a false equivalency.

You think treatment for trans youth harms them, but that opinion is not mainstream and is based on religious belief. And yes, you can cite controversial views that agree with you but the evidence is hardly conclusive. People with religious biases do studies too, you know this.

Do you think the doctors, parents and patients are trying to harm trans youth? Because I do not. And even if one of the three were trying to do harm, there are safeguards in place to stop them. Basically before any treatment is undertaken, all three (and more than one doctor) have to agree that it is warranted and will benefit the patient.

Maybe you should butt out of other people’s lives? Just a thought.
    https://www.dailysignal.com/2024/04...fingers-of-man-with-body-integrity-dysphoria/

In what is called the first described case of “digits amputation,” Canadian doctors surgically removed two healthy fingers from a young man who was experiencing “body integrity dysphoria.”

The sad, bizarre account, published March 27 in the open-access journal Clinical Case Reports, is linked to surgical interventions for gender dysphoria.

So we have now reached the point where you said it does not happen. Here is proof it does happen. The next step is moving you to the 'it needs to happen' part of the program.

You put entirely too much trust in people with letters after their name. They are corrupt and greedy just like everyone else.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom