All Things LGBTQ+ (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    Didn't really see a place for this so I thought I would start a thread about all things LGBTQ since this is a pretty hot topic in our culture right now

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/sup...y-that-refuses-to-work-with-lgbt-couples.html

• The Supreme Court on Thursday delivered a unanimous defeat to LGBT couples in a high-profile case over whether Philadelphia could refuse to contract with a Roman Catholic adoption agency that says its religious beliefs prevent it from working with same-sex foster parents.
    • Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in an opinion for a majority of the court that Philadelphia violated the First Amendment by refusing to contract with Catholic Social Services once it learned that the organization would not certify same-sex couples for adoption.

I will admit, I was hopeful for this decision by the SCOTUS but I was surprised by the unanimous decision.

While I don't think there is anything wrong, per se, with same sex couples adopting and raising children (I actually think it is a good thing as it not an abortion) but I also did not want to see the state force a religious institution to bend to a societal norm.

Honest question, why did your wife do that? Was it self satisfaction or to teach the kids something and if so what was the goal or lesson that was hoped to be learned?
    None of your business. It damages no one.

are you saying drag queens are an extension of the Lgtb community? I thought you point earlier is that they are not a part so talking about drag queens reading to kids should not be on the LGTB thread
    None of your business. Drag queens damage no one.

Honest question, why did your wife do that? Was it self satisfaction or to teach the kids something and if so what was the goal or lesson that was hoped to be learned?
    So, my wife needs an agenda take to our kids to a Drag Queen brunch?
    Why do i take my kids to football games, baseball games? why does my wife take my kids to see broadway type plays? Lion King, Wicked, Annie, Grease, Hamilton etc?
    We do not have to "teach" our kids anything by going to an event. There is never a goal or "lesson" when we take our kids to somehting. I guess i need to figure out what kind of lesson i should have taught my son when we went to the Dinosaur show and the Lego Brickfest or what the goal was and what i hope he learned...
    You have the mindset that Drag Queens have an agenda.. thats where it shows me how weak your mind really is.

Do you take your kids to any kind of event? Football games, Baseball, Hockey, a movie, maybe bowling? do you have a goal or a lesson to every event you attend with your kids? The Saints used to have a male on the Saintssation dance team. I guess you would refuse to take your kids to a Saints game for that reason.

That question is one of the worse questons i have ever seen you ask, and believe me when i say i consider most of your questions pretty dumb...

I don't know if that was @SystemShock's point, but it was one of the not-so-subtle points that Bill Maher made in the video that @SystemShock posted. @SystemShock may have not have picked up on that point in the video or may not agree with it.

That's one of the problems with someone posting a video without commenting on why they posted it. It leaves too much room for a lot of misinterpretation and misunderstanding of why it was posted, and what the person who posted the video thinks about it.
    Yea, he is getting all defensive about a "20 second clip" of a video, but yet when he posted it, he put ZERO comments or context why he was posting it, leaving it up to our descetion.

1714500674323.png

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — United Methodist delegates began making historic changes in their policies on sexuality on Tuesday — voting without debate to reverse a series of anti-LGBTQ policies.

The delegates voted to delete mandatory penalties for conducting same-sex marriages and to remove their denomination’s bans on considering LGBTQ candidates for ministry and on funding for gay-friendly ministries.

The 667-54 vote, coming during their legislative General Conference, removes some of the scaffolding around the United Methodist Church’s longstanding bans on LGBTQ-affirming policies regarding ordination, marriage and funding.

Still to come later this week are votes on the core of the bans on LGBTQ clergy and same-sex marriage in church law and policy, which may draw more debate. However, the large majority achieved by Tuesday’s votes indicate the tenor of the General Conference. The consensus was so overwhelming that these items were rolled into the legislative “consent calendar,” normally reserved for non-controversial measures.

The actions follow a historic schism in what was long the third-largest denomination in the United States. About one-quarter of U.S. congregations left between 2019 and 2023, mostly conservative churches dismayed that the denomination wasn’t enforcing its longstanding LGBTQ bans.

With the absence of many conservative delegates, who had been in the solid majority in previous general conferences and had steadily reinforced such bans over the decades, progressive delegates are moving quickly to reverse such policies.…..

This is the reason that those who hate and dehumanize the people who are born trans want have an actual discussion on the genetic and biological science regarding sex/gender.

The actual science contradicts everything they say and believe. That's why they only do hit and run posts or references to lies pretending to be science.

We've learned that it's not a simple matter of either XX vs XY. There's more in play genetically and more genetic variation than just either all male or all female.

This also ties into something that points out that the movement to stop any acceptance based care of children born transgender has nothing to do with protecting and everything to do with making people conform and obey.

The people who rail against the "evils" of allowing surgery on children born transgender, have absolutely no problem with parents and doctors having their children surgically altered at birth to conform to either all female or all male if they are born with "ambiguous" genitalia.

My stance is if we're going to outlaw surgical alterations of minors, then those have to be included as well. Parents make the decision for the child long before the child can speak a single word or express themselves in any fashion. As these children grow up, some of their parents learned their choice wasn't consistent with how their child feels about themselves.

The anti-surgery crowd doesn't care about that, because that's forcing the child into conforming to either all male or all female, so they don't care that the decision is made without input from the infant or that it often harms the child. It would be better to leave them as they are born and let them have a say in any decisions about surgical alteration.

Last edited:
    CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — United Methodist delegates began making historic changes in their policies on sexuality on Tuesday — voting without debate to reverse a series of anti-LGBTQ policies.

The delegates voted to delete mandatory penalties for conducting same-sex marriages and to remove their denomination’s bans on considering LGBTQ candidates for ministry and on funding for gay-friendly ministries.

The 667-54 vote, coming during their legislative General Conference, removes some of the scaffolding around the United Methodist Church’s longstanding bans on LGBTQ-affirming policies regarding ordination, marriage and funding.

Still to come later this week are votes on the core of the bans on LGBTQ clergy and same-sex marriage in church law and policy, which may draw more debate. However, the large majority achieved by Tuesday’s votes indicate the tenor of the General Conference. The consensus was so overwhelming that these items were rolled into the legislative “consent calendar,” normally reserved for non-controversial measures.

The actions follow a historic schism in what was long the third-largest denomination in the United States. About one-quarter of U.S. congregations left between 2019 and 2023, mostly conservative churches dismayed that the denomination wasn’t enforcing its longstanding LGBTQ bans.

With the absence of many conservative delegates, who had been in the solid majority in previous general conferences and had steadily reinforced such bans over the decades, progressive delegates are moving quickly to reverse such policies.…..

93% voted to be accepting and inclusive. That's great to see. 100% would be better, but that'll probably never happen. There's always going to be some level of unchangeable bigotry.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom