Trump Election Interference / Falsification of Business Records Criminal Trial (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    I couldn’t find a thread just about this case, and thought we should have one since it’s Trump’s first criminal trial. He has to attend every day, as I understand it. Here is a quick reminder of what it’s about. His former lawyer Michael Cohen already went to prison for his involvement in this case.

Wouldn’t the list be most of the same people who testified against Michael Cohen?

They know who all the witnesses are, they just won’t know what order they are going to be called.

Which means the defense won;t be able to prepare for each specific witness the day and night before. That's not a minor thing. It's going to put Trump and his defense team at a disadvantage in the courtroom.

It's also going to prevent Trump and his media cronies from being able to smear the witnesses the night before which will weaken the effectiveness of their lies biasing people's perceptions and opinions.

Being a purely reactive position and not being able to proactively try to control the messaging is really going to eat at Trump and infuriate him.

Does anyone want to set the over/under on the number of days into the trial before Trump has a full on, very loud and out of control outburst in the courtroom?

Last edited:
    They know who all the witnesses are, they just won’t know what order they are going to be called.

Yes, I suppose more accurately they know who the identified possible witnesses based on the disclosures but that doesn't necessarily mean each will be called. The pre-trial witness list is a much more refined version of that.

Which means the defense won;t be able to prepare for each specific witness the day and night before. That's not a minor thing. It's going to put Trump and his defense team at a disadvantage in the courtroom.

It's also going to prevent Trump and his media cronies from being able to smear the witnesses the night before which will weaken the effectiveness of their lies biasing people's perceptions and opinions.

Being a purely reactive position and not being able to proactively try to control the messaging is really going to eat at Trump and infuriate him.

Does anyone want to set the over/under on the number of days into the trial before Trump has a full on, very loud and out of control outburst in the courtroom?

I suspect this will be resolved - there is appeal risk (on fair trial principles) if the prosecution simply withholds the list, though there may be precedent on that when the defendant's conduct warrants it. But my suspicion is that they're trying to use this to get the judge to tighten up the protective order and give meaningful sanction for Trump's violations.

Court is in session.

Trump: "The gag order has to come off"​

Former President Donald Trump slammed the gag order in the hush money case as he entered the courthouse Friday morning.

"The gag order has to come off," Trump told the media.

"People are allowed to speak about me, and I have a gag order, just to show you how much more unfair it is. People should be allowed to speak."

Court is in session.

Trump: "The gag order has to come off"​

Former President Donald Trump slammed the gag order in the hush money case as he entered the courthouse Friday morning.

"The gag order has to come off," Trump told the media.

"People are allowed to speak about me, and I have a gag order, just to show you how much more unfair it is. People should be allowed to speak."

aint no fun when the rabbit has the gun.

I suspect this will be resolved - there is appeal risk (on fair trial principles) if the prosecution simply withholds the list, though there may be precedent on that when the defendant's conduct warrants it. But my suspicion is that they're trying to use this to get the judge to tighten up the protective order and give meaningful sanction for Trump's violations.

So apparently in NY state court criminal procedure, the sharing of the anticipated witness schedule to be called (as opposed the broad 'may be called' list required by rule) is customary but not required - so it is within the prosecution's discretion and the judge doesn't have to rule on it. So you're right that it sounds like this will be the case going forward (unless it is resolved by negotiation) and it will be a complicating factor for the defense.

Somebody just set themselves on fire in front of the court house. This is wild watching and listening it happen live on CNN. :eek:

Laura Coates was on it with her live reaction/reporting.

Last edited:
    Somebody just set themselves on fire in front of the court house. This is wild watching and listening it happen live on CNN. :eek:

Laura Coats was on it with her live reaction/reporting.
    glad trump was not near with all that hot air/gas it would have been a huge explosion.

assuming a Trump supporter, do we need anymore evidence of the cult of Trump?

You have to be quite unstable to light yourself on fire for something that has no bearing on you whatsoever.

I saw it too. It was rough to watch. The person just sat on the bench engulfed in flames... :eek:

Surprised CNN allowed that to be shown for as long as it did.

assuming a Trump supporter, do we need anymore evidence of the cult of Trump?

You have to be quite unstable to light yourself on fire for something that has no bearing on you whatsoever.

No doubt, but I don't think we needed somebody seeing themselves on fire as evidence of that.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't related to this trial. I can easily see maybe a fanatic Palestinian protester using the media coverage of the trial to do this. Apparently he threw some pamphlets in the air before he set himself on fire, so we'll know for sure what it was about.

MT15 always complains when I post Tweets like that saying it's a wall of tweets and I'm spamming the board. She doesn't care if someone does it if she agrees with them.

I'm pretty sure she's referring to when you're in the midst of an argued discussion you often just post six or seven tweets with a line or two of your own - and that can be frustrating to respond to when having a thoughtful discussion.

I think it's different when someone is posting a series of tweets about an event or in this case various comments - all of which are one-liners - in reaction to an event.

It's really not the same thing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom