Right wing nuts thread (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Interesting read on Candace Owens
    ========================
    As a provocateur, Candace Owens stands alone.

The recently fired Daily Wire host built a reputation as one of the few Black voices in rightwing media by tossing Black culture and Black people under the conservative bus.

She embraced Donald Trump’s lawlessness while castigating Breonna Taylor, George Floyd and Black victims of police brutality as “thugs” and criminals.

For Owens, the January 6 insurrection was “virtually nothing”, while the Black Lives Matter movement “is about Black anarchy”. She told a congressional subcommitteethat “white supremacy and white nationalism is not a problem that is harming Black America”.

According to her, everything wrong with Black America is caused by Black culture and white liberals, but affirmative action is an affront to whites. Like her former bosses at the rightwing youth organization Turning Point USA, Owens doesn’t believe in systemic racism because she’s “never been a slave in this country”.

When it comes to anti-Blackness, she is as remarkably consistent as the angry throngs that spat on third-graders desegregating schools while painting the civil rights movement as “violent”.

To be fair, Owens has no legitimate education, experience or expertise in politics, media, sociology or public policy. She is just a person who says things. Her status as the darling of far-right punditry is solely built on the oxymoron of a Black woman who is unapologetically anti-Black.

So when she claimed she was “terrified” by the prospect of DEI airplane pilots, the irony that she might be the most unqualified “diversity hire” in America was lost on her…….

Last edited:
    Interesting read in Candace Owens
    ========================
    As a provocateur, Candace Owens stands alone.

The recently fired Daily Wire host built a reputation as one of the few Black voices in rightwing media by tossing Black culture and Black people under the conservative bus.

She embraced Donald Trump’s lawlessness while castigating Breonna Taylor, George Floyd and Black victims of police brutality as “thugs” and criminals.

For Owens, the January 6 insurrection was “virtually nothing”, while the Black Lives Matter movement “is about Black anarchy”. She told a congressional subcommitteethat “white supremacy and white nationalism is not a problem that is harming Black America”.

According to her, everything wrong with Black America is caused by Black culture and white liberals, but affirmative action is an affront to whites. Like her former bosses at the rightwing youth organization Turning Point USA, Owens doesn’t believe in systemic racism because she’s “never been a slave in this country”.

When it comes to anti-Blackness, she is as remarkably consistent as the angry throngs that spat on third-graders desegregating schools while painting the civil rights movement as “violent”.

To be fair, Owens has no legitimate education, experience or expertise in politics, media, sociology or public policy. She is just a person who says things. Her status as the darling of far-right punditry is solely built on the oxymoron of a Black woman who is unapologetically anti-Black.

So when she claimed she was “terrified” by the prospect of DEI airplane pilots, the irony that she might be the most unqualified “diversity hire” in America was lost on her…….

So…famous for being famous. I thought that I heard she might be slipping a bit due to some anti-Trump comments but perhaps I am wrong.

So…famous for being famous. I thought that I heard she might be slipping a bit due to some anti-Trump comments but perhaps I am wrong.
    Same thing happened to Stacey Dash who filled a similar role (but I don't remember being anywhere near as extreme as Owens)

Once Dash had some anti-Trump statements she was done. She tried to go more mainstream but Black Twitter wasn't having it at all

As more right wing doors are closed to Owens I wonder if she would try the same thing (I almost hope she does just to see the comments and backlash to it - which would be equal parts brutal and hilarious)

Last edited:
    She's famous for being a minority who speaks against minorities, and the far right is quick to embrace any minority who speaks against minorities, especially their own. She was fired from the Daily Wire because she spoke against the only minority you can't speak against in the Daily Wire, the Jews. She bit the hand that fed her (Ben Shapiro).

She's famous for being a minority who speaks against minorities, and the far right is quick to embrace any minority who speaks against minorities, especially their own.
    We’ve talked about this before

Unfortunately not only does that seem a requirement for minority conservatives it also seems to be the only reason they are there

Claiming to be one of the very fine people at Charlottesville Trump was talking about
    ========================

Voters in the north-west Oklahoma city of Enid are being asked to decide whether a councilmember who attended the deadly white supremacist rallyin Charlottesville, Virginia, in 2017 should be removed from his post.

Iraq war veteran Judd Blevins, 42, was elected to Enid’s city council to be the commissioner of its first ward last year. He soon faced an effort by the Enid social justice committee, which claimed Blevins “embraces the same Nazi ideology [the US] defeated almost 80 years ago” during the second world war.

Accusations against Blevins levelled by the group are not limited to his attendance in Charlottesville, where neo-Nazi groups protested the removal of a Confederate monument in a demonstration that led to the murder of a counterprotester.

He also has been linked to chatroom posts planning the march, and posted hate group propaganda and recruited members to Identity Evropa, a white-supremacist group that has been disbanded.

In addition to the murder of counterprotester Heather Heyer, the Charlottesville rally was marked by a state police helicopter crash that killed two.

Blevins’ election to office came after a local newspaper, the Enid News & Eagle, ran a story about his ties to white nationalism.

“Our initial desire was for either Judd Blevins to address these questions and denounce any sense of neo-Nazism or white supremacy or for Enid’s leadership to step up and get those answers and demand those answers,” the committee’s James Neal said in a petition to remove Blevins.

He added: “Neither of those things have occurred, and we are left to take it to the voters, to the people, to address the issue.”

In his response, Blevins said: “Regrettably, this fringe group has chosen to continue a smear campaign against me.” He maintained that the effort to remove him would be an added cost to taxpayers.….

Blevins acknowledged in recent days that he participated in the Charlottesville rally, where white nationalists held a tiki torch-light parade across the University of Virginia campus chanting “Jews will not replace us” and said he had been connected to Identity Evropa.

But he repeated that he is “opposed to all forms of racial hate and racial discrimination”.….

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom