All Things LGBTQ+ (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    Didn't really see a place for this so I thought I would start a thread about all things LGBTQ since this is a pretty hot topic in our culture right now

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/sup...y-that-refuses-to-work-with-lgbt-couples.html

• The Supreme Court on Thursday delivered a unanimous defeat to LGBT couples in a high-profile case over whether Philadelphia could refuse to contract with a Roman Catholic adoption agency that says its religious beliefs prevent it from working with same-sex foster parents.
    • Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in an opinion for a majority of the court that Philadelphia violated the First Amendment by refusing to contract with Catholic Social Services once it learned that the organization would not certify same-sex couples for adoption.

I will admit, I was hopeful for this decision by the SCOTUS but I was surprised by the unanimous decision.

While I don't think there is anything wrong, per se, with same sex couples adopting and raising children (I actually think it is a good thing as it not an abortion) but I also did not want to see the state force a religious institution to bend to a societal norm.

Stop and take look at yourself for a moment. You're clowning yourself, being willfully ignorant, trying to argue that shoving your finger up someone isn't rape, in an attempt to defend a rapist. That is what you're doing here.

As if being able to say, "shoving your finger up a woman without their consent is rape as defined in pretty much every dictionary and many legal codes, but in New York penal law it's sexual abuse" makes it all go away?

What do you think is going to happen? Do you think everyone is going to join you and pretend not only that rape is not defined more widely than it is in New York penal law, but that sexual abuse isn't also a terrible thing? Like if you could convince yourself you're 'only' defending a sexual abuser, that'd be ok?

That's, obviously, incredibly stupid. It's never, ever, going to achieve anything. I doubt you're even convincing yourself, and that's saying something.
    You are mad because I'm going with what the jury in the actual trial found instead of that idiotic judge who was trying to get people to ignore what the jury found. We have laws and trials for a reason.

You’ve posted this like three times

“Trump didn’t rape her he just sexually assaulted her” is a very weird hill to die on
    In response to CoolBrees posting it in multiple threads. They must be too busy teaching pronouns in Portland to worry about reading comprehension.

His reasoning is ridiculous while trying to get around the fact that it didn't fit the definition of rape in New York law.

But the judge said the jury's finding that Trump forcibly and without consent penetrated Carroll's vagina made her rape claim "substantially true under common modern parlance," even if it did not fit the definition of rape under New York law.
    Advertisement

Luckily we can see exactly what the jury found and that you and the judge are full of shirt

1000004854.png
    And?

Says the guy who supports Biden who raped Tara Reade.

Do they not teach reading comprehension in your neck of the woods because everyone can see that the jury rejected Carroll’s claim that she was raped?
    Unproven. Furthermore Tara Reade’s credibility has been destroyed by herself.

He actually went with the "it's not rape cause he used his hands!" excuse. Sad.

You support a person, who forcibly shoved his tiny fingers in a person against their will, for President. Just own it.

Both Biden and Trump have been accused of rape. Pointing out that about Trump while ignoring it about Biden doesn't do what you think it does. We could also bring up Biden showering with his daughter.
    Trump was convicted of sexual assault. NY rape law, iirc, was changed to include penetration with fingers or objects. Thus Trump, although convicted of sexual assault would have been charged with rape under the changed law. Your nitpicking over the disgusting actions of Trump says something very interesting.

Tara Reade had no credibility. She destroyed that herself.

I wouldn’t bring up Biden allegedly showering with his daughter if I were you.

Anything Project (so-called) Veritas is involved with must be viewed with a skeptical eye.

Last edited:
    I've noticed what I see as a change in tactic on social media. At this point, the christian taliban/christian white nationalists don't seem to be focused as much on recruiting or spreading propaganda.

It seems that their new goal is to drag everyone down to their level by reducing every discussion, that runs contrary to what they support and believe, into a 2nd grade, back and forth shouting match of "I know you are, but what am I."

They're having a lot more success at that than they should.

I think there's a realization on their part that they aren't going to be able to recruit or change many more people's minds and that they aren't capable of restraining or hiding their immaturity, dishonesty and hypocrisy.

I think they're desperately trying to drag everybody into the muck with them, because it's their safe space and where they feel they have a home court advantage.

One doesn't need to take the high road with them, just don't let them drag you down into the muck with them. Don't give them what they so desperately want.
    Sure, but at the same time, isn't part of that strategy precisely to take their guy's massive, disqualifying, failings off the table?

Their guy is a fraudster; falsely accuse the other guy of being a fraudster. Their guy's a rapist; repeat.

Then go into "I know you are, but what am I".

If the response to that is to refrain from saying what they are in order to avoid getting dragged into the muck, even - and especially - when it's completely relevant, isn't that what they want?

Trump was convicted of sexual assault. NY rape law, iirc, was changed to include penetration with fingers or objects. Thus Trump, although convicted of sexual assault would have been charged with rape under the changed law. Your nitpicking over the disgusting actions of Trump says something very interesting.

Tara Reade had no credibility. She destroyed that herself.

I wouldn’t bring up Biden allegedly showering with his daughter if I were you.

Anything Project (so-called) Veritas is involved with must be viewed with a skeptical eye.
    Ashley Biden’s diary confirmed by the DOJ

Nobody said the diary was fake. People are saying that anything reported to be contained within the diary is completely baseless and that Project Veritas is known for lying and obfuscating the truth. Please exercise some basic reading comprehension and try to participate honestly.

Oops. Failed again. The alleged contents have not been authenticated.

Oh, and the New York Post is almost as bad as Project Veritas. It is a pity you can’t find reliable sources.

Oops. Failed again. The alleged contents have not been authenticated.

Oh, and the New York Post is almost as bad as Project Veritas. It is a pity you can’t find reliable sources.
    Just like the Hunter Biden laptop. Claim the contents have been changed or manipulated to cover up illegal or embarrassing details. How convenient.

It's not just the New York Post reporting it, but most or the corporate media has ignored it and for good reason. They don't want any negative attention on Biden. Showering with your young daughter would probably meet that criteria.

Just like the Hunter Biden laptop. Claim the contents have been changed or manipulated to cover up illegal or embarrassing details. How convenient.

It's not just the New York Post reporting it, but most or the corporate media has ignored it and for good reason. They don't want any negative attention on Biden. Showering with your young daughter would probably meet that criteria.

No.

Both Biden and Trump have been accused of rape. Pointing out that about Trump while ignoring it about Biden doesn't do what you think it does. We could also bring up Biden showering with his daughter.
    So, here is the question you have been avoiding. The false accusation against Biden was digital penetration, which is what the jury ruled Trump did to Carroll. You have repeatedly said that what Biden was accused of was rape, and then repeatedly said that what Trump was legally proved to have done to Carroll was NOT rape. Do you see why we take you for a clown?

Only someone totally in the tank for Trump, a cultist if you will, could maintain this. Are you a cultist? Trump’s corruption, sexual assaults, lies, fraud, and cheating do not cause you to waver in your support. How is that not cultish behavior?

Can you explain why the page that discusses showering doesn’t match the rest of the diary? Honestly, SFL this should be beneath any normal person, you should take stock of yourself.

The diary and Hunter’s laptop are both “dirty tricks”. They are disgusting displays of immoral people who will do or say anything to help their political aims. Roger Stone and Steve Bannon are sick individuals. Why do you want to ally yourself with this depravity?

So, here is the question you have been avoiding. The false accusation against Biden was digital penetration, which is what the jury ruled Trump did to Carroll. You have repeatedly said that what Biden was accused of was rape, and then repeatedly said that what Trump was legally proved to have done to Carroll was NOT rape. Do you see why we take you for a clown?

Only someone totally in the tank for Trump, a cultist if you will, could maintain this. Are you a cultist? Trump’s corruption, sexual assaults, lies, fraud, and cheating do not cause you to waver in your support. How is that not cultish behavior?
    Both Biden and Trump have been accused of rape. You support Biden. You have no moral high ground to stand on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom