What happens to the Republican Party now? (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This election nonsense by Trump may end up splitting up the Republican Party. I just don’t see how the one third (?) who are principled conservatives can stay in the same party with Trump sycophants who are willing to sign onto the TX Supreme Court case.

We also saw the alt right types chanting “destroy the GOP” in Washington today because they didn’t keep Trump in power. I think the Q types will also hold the same ill will toward the traditional Republican Party. In fact its quite possible that all the voters who are really in a Trump personality cult will also blame the GOP for his loss. It’s only a matter of time IMO before Trump himself gets around to blaming the GOP.

There is some discussion of this on Twitter. What do you all think?

It's an indications that there are a lot of voters that polls aren't accounting for. And it seems that a lot those voters are being motivated by abortion/IVF/contraception issues. Which would seem to indicate a lot of women voters that haven't traditionally voted.

This has been happening since 2022 though, so it's a little surprising that pollsters haven't adequately accounted for this shift yet. Or maybe not that surprising given the polling troubles since 2016.
    Yeah, I read that Dems are signing up women voters at a breakneck pace, yet they don't show up in polls.

It's an indications that there are a lot of voters that polls aren't accounting for. And it seems that a lot those voters are being motivated by abortion/IVF/contraception issues. Which would seem to indicate a lot of women voters that haven't traditionally voted.

This has been happening since 2022 though, so it's a little surprising that pollsters haven't adequately accounted for this shift yet. Or maybe not that surprising given the polling troubles since 2016.
    Well, I do think the whole IVF issue is an absolute bonkers, loser issue for Republicans. If this is any indication, they're gonna avoid that like the plague outside Bama. Bama politics are just completely brain dead. And voters, particularly women probably have made it clear that enough is enough.

Yeah, I read that Dems are signing up women voters at a breakneck pace, yet they don't show up in polls.
    Murkowski threatening to leave the party is definitely something to consider. I'm sure there will be others. Democrats can't get lazy tho. They need to make it clear that Trumper politics is no longer a viable option, not just for the country, but also the party. The GOP is stuck with Trump, so I see the party dying at some point. They've had multiple chances to reject MAGA ideology, and hasn't happened yet.

It's not just Alabama pushing for fetal (including embryos) personhood and it's not just recently. The goal is to create enough legal precedent for fetal personhood to allow the 6 agenda driven conservatives on the Supreme Court to nationally ban abortions as a violation of fetal rights. I don't see MAGA Republicans backing down from that. They have to keep feeding the frenzy they created or they will get eaten by it themselves. They started a fire that they can no longer control which is why they are doing irrational things. They are in political survival mode or they are true believers.

Last edited:
    Well, I do think the whole IVF issue is an absolute bonkers, loser issue for Republicans. If this is any indication, they're gonna avoid that like the plague outside Bama. Bama politics are just completely brain dead. And voters, particularly women probably have made it clear that enough is enough.
    They can’t avoid it, I don’t think. They’ve painted themselves into a corner over the last 50 years by getting more and more radical about opposing abortion.

The tide is turning. I just put this in the abortion thread:

I saw that the reason why the seat was available was because the incumbent plead guilty to voter fraud. An R. They are always projecting.

And I'm cautious with this result. It's only ~6k votes? I'd take the choice vote from Kansas and Ohio with more confidence.

Those seeking employment at the Republican National Committee after a Donald Trump-backed purge of the committee this month have been asked in job interviews if they believe the 2020 election was stolen, according to people familiar with the interviews, making the false claim a litmus test of sorts for hiring.

In recent days, Trump advisers have quizzed multiple employees who had worked in key 2024 states — and who are reapplying for jobs — about their views on the last presidential election, according to people who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe private interviews and discussions. The interviews have been conducted mostly virtually, as the applicants are based in key swing states.

“Was the 2020 election stolen?” one prospective employee recalled being asked in a room with two top Trump advisers.

The query about the 2020 election startled some of the potential employees, who viewed it as questioning their loyalty to Trump and as an unusual job interview question, according to the people familiar with the interviews.

A group of senior Trump advisers has been in the RNC building in recent days conducting the interviews.

The questions about the 2020 election were open-ended, two people familiar with the questioning said.

“But if you say the election wasn’t stolen, do you really think you’re going to get hired?” one former RNC employee asked.

“Candidates who worked on the front line in battleground states or are currently in states where fraud allegations have been prevalent were asked about their work experience,” RNC and Trump spokeswoman Danielle Alvarez said in a statement Tuesday.

“We want experienced staff with meaningful views on how elections are won and lost and real experience-based opinions about what happens in the trenches.”……..

T

“Candidates who worked on the front line in battleground states or are currently in states where fraud allegations have been prevalent were asked about their work experience,” RNC and Trump spokeswoman Danielle Alvarez said in a statement Tuesday.
    so you get the crappiest stupidest employees on earth trump only hies the very best of course.

I saw that the reason why the seat was available was because the incumbent plead guilty to voter fraud. An R. They are always projecting.

And I'm cautious with this result. It's only ~6k votes? I'd take the choice vote from Kansas and Ohio with more confidence.
    It’s the first time in over 20 years that the Rs have lost a seat in the state legislature. I think that’s something.

Guess this can go here
    =================

Democrats on the House Oversight Committeeare calling for a hearing into what they call the foreign “influence peddling” of former president Donald Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner.

The top Democrat on the Committee, Maryland representative and ranking member Jamie Raskin, and California representative Robert Garcia pushed chair James Comer, Republican of Kentucky, in a letter on Tuesday to “convene a hearing regarding Jared Kushner’s apparent influence peddling and quid pro quo deals involving investments in exchange for official actions and to examine the resulting threats to our national security”……

Mr Raskin and Mr Garcia cited recent New York Times reporting that Mr Kushner has been looking to make real estate deals with foreign governments via contacts he established during his time as an adviser in the Trump administration, even as his father-in-law makes another run for the top job.

Mr Comer has said previously that Mr Kushner crossed an ethical line when he made a deal for large Saudi investments just after departing from the White House.

“Unlike the Bidens, Jared Kushner has a legitimate business and has a career as a business executive that predates Donald Trump’s political career,” Mr Comer said in a statement, according to HuffPost. “Democrats’ latest letter is part of their playbook to shield President Biden from oversight.”…..

An official in the Georgia Republican party who has said the 2020 election was stolen was ordered to pay a $5,000 fine and will receive a public reprimand for voting illegally nine times, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported on Thursday.

Brian Pritchard, the first vice-president of the state Republican party, illegally voted in nine elections from 2008 to 2010 while he was still on probation for a 1996 forgery felony conviction in Pennsylvania. Georgia and 14 other states require people to have completed their sentence, including probation, before they can vote. About 163,475 people could not vote in Georgia in 2022 because they were on felony probation, according to an estimate by the Sentencing Project, a criminal justice non-profit.

Pritchard, told Lisa Boggs, the administrative law judge overseeing the case, he believed his criminal sentence had expired and was not aware the criminal court in Pennsylvania had extended his probation until 2011 for allegedly failing to repay $38,000 in restitution.

Boggs wrote in her ruling she did not find that credible, noting that he had appeared in court several times while his probation was extended.…..

Speaker Johnson and other MAGA types have been blaming the Biden Administration for the guidelines for Easter Egg Artwork. Misleading people into thinking this is somehow something Biden came up with. Liars and hypocrites all.

And because the above isn’t quite hypocritical enough, MAGA is also blaming Biden for designating tomorrow (Easter) as National Transgender Visibility Day. Liars and hypocrites all.

They really want a Trump 3rd term:

You saw a hint of this in the SC oral arguments over the Colorado case.

The funniest part of this is opening up for Trump to have a 3rd term, also opens up for Obama. They really want that non-consecutive part so they don't have to face him as well.

So, it wasn’t because of Mayor Pete or DEI? Huh, what do you know?

Posted is article in the Biden thread but though this nugget was interesting

Bolding mine
    ==================

……According to a study published in 2023, “the frequency of negative emotion words” used by American politicians “suddenly and lastingly increased” when Trump entered the 2016 presidential race.

Researchers analyzed quotations from politicians from millions of news articles, and found that the use of negative language by politicians had begun to decrease during Barack Obama’s presidency.

“Then in June 2015, precisely the month when Trump started his campaign, there was a massive jump in negativity,” said Robert West, a professor in the school of computer and communication sciences at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology and one of the co-authors of the study.……

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom