Far Right Celebrities (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    Meant to post this when the Scott Adams/Dilbert story broke

Who are far right celebrities that you are aware of?

I think Jon Voight is probably the granddaddy of them all with James Woods not far behind

There's Ted Nugent for sure

Hercules' Kevin Sorbo and Lois & Clark's Dean Cain

Scott Baio had his moment at the RNC, I haven't heard anything from him since

I'd add Kanye West but he more seems to be just losing his mind

I'm pretty sure that Drew Carey, Tim Allen and Kelsey Grammer are conservative Republicans (which is fine) but as far as I know none of them went off the deep end

Roseanne Barr seemed to go full far right

Growing Pains Kirk Cameron is super religious, but I've never heard him comment on anything other than religion (it would just be an assumption that someone that religious is far right)

The pandemic opened the doors to some anti-vax, conspiracy minded celebs which doesn't necessarily have anything to do with politics

Those would include:

Person of Interest's Jim Caviezel
    Black Panther Letitia Wright
    Lost's Evangeline Lilly

Think of anyone else?

Critics have dismissed the movie as conspiratorial and “QAnon-adjacent,” but it’s doing boffo box office numbers, perhaps in part as a result of the unique place it exists in the current partisan ecosystem (which is proving to be a viable marketing strategy.)

Caviezel joined filmmaker Eduardo Verástegui on the set of Fox & Friends for a promotional interview with Brian Kilmeade, who concluded the interview by asking Caviezel, “And we could be doing more, right, Jim?”

“Oh, yeah. We have to do a lot more. And we got to start with Donald Trump,” he replied. “Well, he’s got to be in there because he’s going to go after the traffickers.”

Kilmeade pressed and asked if his guest thinks Trump “understands” that, to which Caviezel revealed they were with the former president last night for a screening at his Bedminster, NJ residence.

He then said of Trump “This is the new Moses. I mean, I’m still Jesus, but he’s the new Moses Pharaoh. Let my children go free,” to which he and the others laughed at his reference to playing Jesus Christ in Mel Gibson’s The Passion...........

Lots of rumors that RWNJ (wealthy ones) are buying out theaters so that the box office looks impressive, but if you show up the theaters are empty. 🤷‍♀️

I saw a stiry where some Q-groups were pushing members to buy tickets, even multiple tickets, for others to help out the movie and the cause.
    Yes, I saw reports they are advertising on line for people to “donate” multiple tickets like that will allow poor people to attend. But, supposedly, the theaters are empty.

Lots of rumors that RWNJ (wealthy ones) are buying out theaters so that the box office looks impressive, but if you show up the theaters are empty. 🤷‍♀️

I saw a stiry where some Q-groups were pushing members to buy tickets, even multiple tickets, for others to help out the movie and the cause.

Yes, I saw reports they are advertising on line for people to “donate” multiple tickets like that will allow poor people to attend. But, supposedly, the theaters are empty.

And I have zero doubt that Caviezel has a lucrative points deal on the movie. It should take the sting out of the SAG-AFTRA strike for Caviezel.

And I have zero doubt that Caviezel has a lucrative points deal on the movie. It should take the sting out of the SAG-AFTRA strike for Caviezel.
    And the thing is, this grifter knows that when you make an appeal to help children who are victims of abuse, a whole lot of people will give money. It’s so slimy.

Maybe they're taking them up on the ticket offers, then sneaking into movies that don't suck.

Aren’t Owen Wilson, Adam Sandler, and Vince Vaughn all Republican?
    Being Republican doesn't make you far right. Hell, even supporting Trump doesn't make you far right. It makes you inconsiderate and lacking logic in my opinion, but Trump isn't truly far right. His supporters are their own wing of crazy. Far right positions in my opinion are abolishing all abortions, advocating for creationism in schools, abolishing most of the safety net, perhaps some racist policies, etc. I think DeSantis is pretty far right, but I think many, if not most, far right wingers support Trump, since he is a useful tool to get many of the policies they want, so I understand using that as a guideline to identify someone as far right.

…… Angel Studios, the film’s distributor, set up a controversial “pay it forward” scheme for Sound of Freedom. There’s a message at the end of the film and a prominent link on the studio’s website urging viewers to buy an extra ticket “for someone who would not otherwise be able to see the film”.

It has clearly been working. On 4 July, the day of the film’s release, nearly 20% of its sales came from people who bought those extra tickets, IndieWire reported. But there are growing suggestions that a lot of those extra tickets aren’t actually being used: that the sales figures might be over-inflating Sound of Freedom’s significance.

In a theater located in New York City’s Times Square on Thursday afternoon, there seemed to be evidence of this.

According to Fandango, all but 28 seats had been sold for the 3pm screening of Sound of Freedom. As the lights dimmed, however, the Guardian counted 45 vacant seats dotted around the half-empty theater. Minutes before the 6.30pm screening, Fandango showed that only two seats were still available. Again, there were more than two vacant spots as the film began.

The Daily Dot has also reported on suspicious sales of Sound of Freedom tickets in a theater in Vancouver, while others have shared videos on social media showing swathes of empty seats in supposedly sold-out theaters.…….

as far as I’m concerned this makes him Far Right now: 😡

Guess this can go here
    ==================

The man whose life inspired the film "Sound of Freedom" about fighting child sex traffickinghas been accused by seven women he worked with of sexual misconduct, according to a new report.

The allegations were outlined in a recent report by Vice News.

Tim Ballard, the former Homeland Security operative whose life served as the basis for the film, stepped down as CEO of the nonprofit Operation Underground Railroad in June.…..

The allegations against Mr Ballard claim he pressured women working at the organisation to act as his "wife," coercing them to share his bed and shower with him during supposed anti-trafficking missions.

He allegedly told them it was a way to trick traffickers and helped him in his mission to save minors, according to the report.

One of the sources said Mr Ballard sent a photo of himself in underwear to at least one woman, and asked another "how far she was willing to go" to save trafficked children.…..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom