All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

I and MT15 have a quiet détente on the subject. I also don't post new information on it. My personal opinion is we will never know, so why debate it.
    Yeah, normal people realize it’s probably unknowable. We have different opinions about the likelihood of one or another. But like I said, we’re normal people who don’t push lies as if they are true.

We should never forget Trump’s disastrous early non-response to Covid. The only true crisis he faced as president and he was horrible at it.

America can afford a lot of things in a President.
    Cowardice isn't one of them.
    Trump was so terrified, so completely unmanned he retreated into fantasy like a little child.
    "We only have fifteen cases. Soon there'll be none!"
    "It's a hoax, a Democratic hoax."
    "It'll be gone by April. You'll see! Like magic!"

America can afford a lot of things in a President.
    Cowardice isn't one of them.
    Trump was so terrified, so completely unmanned he retreated into fantasy like a little child.
    "We only have fifteen cases. Soon there'll be none!"
    "It's a hoax, a Democratic hoax."
    "It'll be gone by April. You'll see! Like magic!"
    He lost me when he said it's like the flu.Warm weather will kill it. I knew we were in trouble then.

So as awful as Trump was otherwise do you think he wins 2020 if Covid never happens?

I'd like to believe that Biden still wins.

But I know a lot of people who think that Covid was what tipped the scales and believe Trump wins without Covid

So as awful as Trump was otherwise do you think he wins 2020 if Covid never happens?

But I know a lot of people who think that Covid was what tipped the scales and believe Trump wins without Covid
    Covid did play a part,but there were other factors. The following article is dated.but it shows 5 good
    reasons Trump lost in 2020

was it he couldn't get it to the hospital, or that he didn't care enough to since he thought it was made up by the Dems?
    At the time, we didn’t know why, we just knew we didn’t have what we needed. People died because of it, in the big cities where the pandemic was worse than where I was. Hundreds of health care workers died early on due to lack of PPE. Housekeepers, nurses, doctors, therapists. It was awful.

Covid was reelection on a silver platter. Sadly, NPD with eyes just couldn't do what was necessary.

Yeah, normal people realize it’s probably unknowable. We have different opinions about the likelihood of one or another. But like I said, we’re normal people who don’t push lies as if they are true.
    I see you have slightly shifted gears. You went from the lab leak is a right wing conspiracy to its probably unknowable.

You push whatever establishment narrative is out there no matter what contradicts your views.

I see you have slightly shifted gears. You went from the lab leak is a right wing conspiracy to its probably unknowable.

You push whatever establishment narrative is out there no matter what contradicts your views.
    No, I have not. I still firmly believe it was zoonotic in origin. But we don’t have a complete pathway. We do have genetic indications and other indications that lean toward zoonotic origin, and we don’t have any real evidence of the lab leak theory.

It useless to argue about it at this point, except to point out when you say things that aren’t true. Donk doesn’t do that, he still thinks it was possibly a lab leak, but he doesn’t push crazy untrue conspiracy theories, and purposefully misconstrue emails.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom