2024 GOP Presidential Race (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Many of Trump's endorsed candidates did not do well on Nov. 8th.
    Gov. Ron DeSantis DID do well.
    He won convincingly.
    Yet in this OP's opinion, Donald Trump is an egomaniac who is seemingly incapable of putting "Party over Self"
    Trump has ZERO chance of being elected our next president.
    In my opinion, if Trump would just shut up and go away (fat chance of that)...but "if" Trump did that, Gov. Ron DeSantis would have a CHANCE to be a formidable candidate for President in 2024.
    Here is an interesting article on this topic...
    What do any of you think re. Trump vs DeSantis?

55% to 44% as of now (almost 8 PM). That’s not overwhelming for someone like Trump.
    The polls said for weeks he was gonna wins by a 30% margin. Is SC a winner take all state or will Haley pick up SOME delegates?

The polls said for weeks he was gonna wins by a 30% margin. Is SC a winner take all state or will Haley pick up SOME delegates?

In the South Carolina race, there are 50 delegates at stake, and 29 will be awarded to the winner of the statewide vote. Twenty-one delegates will be allocated according to the vote in each of the state’s seven congressional districts. The top vote-getter in each district will get three delegates from that district.

Sounds like she’s about to pull out of this race. Talking in past tense a lot.

Edit: oop, maybe not. 👀

The polls said for weeks he was gonna wins by a 30% margin.
    Polls are almost all off this year. They are really struggling. Trump has underperformed according to the polls. Democrats have consistently over performed according to polls for several years now.

We just shouldn’t believe most polls.

Polls are almost all off this year. They are really struggling. Trump has underperformed according to the polls. Democrats have consistently over performed according to polls for several years now.

We just shouldn’t believe most polls.

I think the whole notion of telephone polling is flawed. What kind of lunatic answers those calls and agrees to do the poll?

Haley says she owes it to the voters to stay in the race...at least until all the Super Tuesday states have wrapped up.
    She says she owes it to the voters so America has an election that is not Soviet style. At least this way the people have a choice ( and not just a coronation)
    Here is the source of what I'm saying and additionally there is so much as well...

Haley says she owes it to the voters to stay in the race...at least until all the Super Tuesday states have wrapped up.
    She says she owes it to the voters so America has an election that is not Soviet style. At least this way the people have a choice ( and not just a coronation)
    Here is the source of what I'm saying and additionally there is so much as well...
    Unless there's some angle I'm not thinking about, the only logical conclusion I can come to for her staying in the race is to damage Trump.

I don't really see what she could achieve or gain beyond that.

Unless there's some angle I'm not thinking about, the only logical conclusion I can come to for her staying in the race is to damage Trump.

I think she's also probably thinking that if the cases against Trump somehow cripples his campaign, then she'd be the next best choice for the RNC, so she's staying in on the off chance that happens.

There’s still a legit chance of a scenario where he goes to jail or has a mental breakdown after massive financial collapse or exhaustion - and there will be a need for a packaged, ready to go candidate who has been campaigning.

This is not a normal primary cycle by any means. If she can do it, she should keep going for that reason alone.

I think she's also probably thinking that if the cases against Trump somehow cripples his campaign, then she'd be the next best choice for the RNC, so she's staying in on the off chance that happens.
    This right here. As long as she’s in the race she can keep fundraising (and I think she has some deep pockets keeping her afloat).

If money raised for Trump can only be used for Trump, and he ultimately is not the candidate, she’ll be the only one in position organizationally and financially ready to step in, plus she’ll have the argument of having the most remaining delegates.

And that is probably the best shot she will ever have of getting the Republican nomination. In any other year I have trouble seeing the majority of her party as it currently stands electing a minority woman as their standard bearer.

But in this year, with the other candidates out of the race, if it turns out that Trump is a dead man walking, she’s got a path. And if she can somehow get to the general she’ll probably win.

I agree

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom